Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

In what world does Baton Rouge have better weather than Knoxville? It's a swamp bucket in the summer with oppressive humidity and under a threat of hurricanes in summer and fall. Oh and it doesn't have Fall at all. As for not having winter, Knoxville doesn't have much of that, either, these days.
In a terrarium only.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
TV coming on Basilio show.

Said nothing about Holman. Did mention that we lost a portal pitcher (Xavier) to a school (LSU) due to not being able to host a Super while LSU was hosting. Hopefully this board doesn't turn on Tony for being too negative in mentioning that LSU had an advantage over UT.

Said nothing about Holman. Did mention that we lost a portal pitcher (Xavier) to a school (LSU) due to not being able to host a Super while LSU was hosting. Hopefully this board doesn't turn on Tony for being too negative in mentioning that LSU had an advantage over UT.
During the break after CTV's segment. It sounded like Basilio said to one of his co-hosts that Hollman has picked LSU and that CTV has another pitcher they are now going to take.

During the break after CTV's segment. It sounded like Basilio said to one of his co-hosts that Hollman has picked LSU and that CTV has another pitcher they are now going to take.
Yeah, if you listened on the twitter feed you get to hear them talking during the commercials. It's pretty clear this is wrapped up for LSU. As stated above, no surprise but disappointing.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
In what world does Baton Rouge have better weather than Knoxville? It's a swamp bucket in the summer with oppressive humidity and under a threat of hurricanes in summer and fall. Oh and it doesn't have Fall at all. As for not having winter, Knoxville doesn't have much of that, either, these days.

Baton Rouge has three seasons: January, February, and Summer.

I'm not so sure. I suspect most will be excited at the opportunity for young arms to step up. That's my position anyway. Holman, to me, is a luxury not a huge need.
I was thinking the same Beam,Russell and possibly Zander can start on weekends and let one of the Freshmen start midweek to get their feet wet. I was told Russell hasn't started vs SEC teams well no but did he not pitch vs them this year in relief? I was under the assumption he was going to start eventually anyway maybe I'm wrong...

I'm not so sure. I suspect most will be excited at the opportunity for young arms to step up. That's my position anyway. Holman, to me, is a luxury not a huge need.
Agree completely. I’ve said that a few times. If UT doesn’t have confidence in the recruited kids on campus that can step up, then that’s a question mark.

Ah great. Anyone who acknowledges reality is a troll szn

UT isn't on the same level yet, especially in baseball NIL. LSU made a conscious decision to buy championships in some niche sports. Tony will be fine in the end but it is a fact that LSU has now beaten us for Xavier pitcher, Holman, Skenes, and Tanks. The last two are the difference between a national title or not for both schools.

VN Store

Back