Poll: Who do you think will be the next OC?

Who does Pruitt hire as OC?

• Mike Yurcich

Votes: 93 11.1%
  • Dan Enos

Votes: 64 7.6%
  • Will Friend

Votes: 91 10.9%
  • Jeff Lebby

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • Kendal Briles

Votes: 176 21.0%
  • A high school coach

Votes: 35 4.2%
  • Some other guy that hasn't been mentioned

Votes: 302 36.0%
  • Freddie Kitchens

Votes: 65 7.8%

• Total voters
I’m of the belief now that no announcement will come until after our new OC’s current team plays their bowl game. No other reason to wait, that is unless no one really wants to come here. However, I find that extremely hard to believe.
several people are saying this and considering that Pruitt himself was announced last year BEFORE Bama played their games, that really makes no sense.

Reactions: butchna and sona
several people are saying this and considering that Pruitt himself was announced last year BEFORE Bama played their games, that really makes no sense.

Doesn't make a lick a sense to me either. Most DIII school’s kicking game coordinators won't have such a hangup.

Reactions: TenUhSee
The UT powers have duped us all..... we are going to rehire T Helton. BOOM!

It's going to be Will Friend.

Another big buddy hire just like Fulmer did with Randy Sanders.

Too scared to announce until after signing day and Volnation rises up against another piss pore hire.

Reactions: cgrish
I didn't see Peyton Manning or Gruden (although he was seen on campus today) on the list.......... so I didn't vote

Didn’t vote. At this point, I just don’t care who it is. Just hire somebody and get it over with so we can stop talking about it. Really not gonna matter who it is imo.

Don’t let them wear you down. It’s part of their plan to make you accept a Google Coach.

Its Will Friend or likely someone we havent heard of. The big names arent happening. And in the end, I dont know if it really matters.
This is what I think also,,,even tho I picked a coach not mentioned yet.
Anyway I don't really care who it is as long as they can score more points that what the defense gives up.

Still leaning towards Rush Propst, but the question is in the recruiting.

The other candidate I could see is Matt Canada, just not heard much out of him since Mike Locksley was hired at Maryland.

The "out-of-nowhere, did not see that coming" hire would be Darrin Chiaverini. He could be a dark horse because of his ability to help turnaround and show results quickly in past positions at several stops, including recruiting.

Just my two-cents, if it is even worth that much!

Last edited:
It's going to be Will Friend.

Another big buddy hire just like Fulmer did with Randy Sanders.

Too scared to announce until after signing day and Volnation rises up against another piss pore hire.
Lot of angst for nonexistent reason...not happening.

For the love of all things holy why not just announce this already. There is no reason to delay it. No matter who it is it will not make a difference in ESD this late in the game however, for the sanity of the natives just do it already.

VN Store

Back