Poll: Most 'under radar' defensive player

Which of the following is most under the radar primed for a big year next season?

• Total voters
Tied for 5th in the conference for tackles per game in a Defensive dominated conference isn't something a bad player would do. Especially in his first year as a starter and not much help from his other defensive teammates. Bituli and Kirkland together would make for one of the better LB tandems in the SEC and college football.

This

I think that there are several diamonds in the rough and like Butchna said, everybody gets zeroed out this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I think...
Hmm.

Here is what's going to happen.
The defense will play at level we haven't seen yet.

It'll be better than any of Janceks defenses even.

I think we have the best Defensive Coordinator in College Football. And he's also our Head Coach.

I don't care to explain it...
There are too many talented upperclassmen and new energy to not have a huge turn around.

Our offense will be run heavy...controlling the clock.
Banks and London...Banks and London..CHANDLER ZOOOM...

Keep the talented defense fresh..

Reactions: 2 people
I still believe in Kyle Phillips.

I know, many think he's a bust, yada, yada, yada.

He came in as a highly rated 4* kid and his main problem has been injuries that have kept him out of practice and games and slowed his growth as has the last coaching staff.

I can't forget that during his Sr year and the Summer before he came to the hill he went to the Nike camps and other camps he went up against the top rated O linemen in his class and he made them all look really bad.

He blew by them on his way to hit the QB over and over.

He hasn't lost that talent and those abilities and if CJP will turn Phillips loose and let him get ater the QB I believe that we'll finally see Phillips become the pass rushing terror we expected him to become when he signed with us.

VFL...GBO!!!

pole.jpg

Mom? Is that you?

Solon Page was a tackling machine his senior year.
6'2" 195 lbs OLB.

Almost 2 years ago.

I looked at him on the practice video. He's a chiseled 220 lbs now.

Watch out for him at ILB...

I think that there are several diamonds in the rough and like Butchna said, everybody gets zeroed out this year.

This.

I hope this staff is smart enough to realize that having several players that can play in each position allows them to platoon and keep people fresh. Unlike the old staff that seemed to line up everyone and only be satisfied with the first player they came to that could do what they were supposed to do.

Last year I said Daniel Bituli would be our breakout player.

How did that work out?

I know talent when I see it. And Baylen Buchanan is a great player. He'll be a Pro Bowl CB in the NFL.

You also said Kongbo would finally get it and me unblock able. Fact is even when he cheats he can’t get home.

Last year I said Daniel Bituli would be our breakout player.

How did that work out?

I know talent when I see it. And Baylen Buchanan is a great player. He'll be a Pro Bowl CB in the NFL.

Not well. Why did you remind us of that pick?

You really believe Daniel Bituli had a "breakout" season last year? Your definition of breakout must be different than everyone else's.

VN Store

Back