Poll: How far do the Vols make it?

Eliminated in the

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve said Elite 8 minimum all year but the last couple of games has me thinking Final 4 will be tough. I’ve also said all along I wanted Purdue again as I thought we looked like the better team the first time we played. However, we actually have a tougher draw than it might appear. We’re better than Creighton but not by much. They’re 11 in both Kenpom and NET so them being a possible Sweet 16 opponent sucks. I swear I think I saw something that said based on NET rankings we have the toughest top 4 seeds but I’m not 100% sure on that. Anyway, point being, I’m not sure we would back to back Creighton and Purdue if it comes to that, especially after a likely tough game with either Texas or CSU. I do feel that at our best we’re better than every team in our bracket but our best likely won’t be there 4 straight games so Elite 8.

We really need a 'who knows?' option. We might flame out in the Ro32 and we might win it all. I put final four because the team's very capable of getting there and even winning it all.

Reactions: 08Vol and kcvols1
W Championship: lottery scenario but we could get there if we played like we have at the peaks of this season consistently

L championship: id hope 0 people turn on Barnes In this scenario. It's more than you could ever ask for at UT to even get this far.

F4 would be incredible. We have the potential. It is statistically very low odds, but the team could beat anyone. Barnes gets a street named after him

E8 low odds would need to play absolutely perfect basketball with Vescovi, JJJ, ZZ, each playing their career A+/A- offenaive basketball, with the bigs rebounding and hitting layups, all at the same time to relieve DK, with everyone hitting their free throws.

Sweet 16 very possible, (50/50 I'd say "who shows up" wins. Win is there, we played poorly and won last time besides DK. Lose to scar it is ridiculous we have to possibly play them again in first place. They are not a bad team at all

32 could be seen guys tx/uva/cost could be playing "on fire" we get these lesser teams that enter in with insane confidence and ego that goes unchecked

First round I highly doubt but if the guys don't get confident and play with no passion, they will find a way to lose

My bet is sweet 16! My hope is win it all!

Reactions: Reckoner84
We’ll go as far as the refs let us. We just played 2 months in the most athletic and physical conference - either we bully our way to the elite 8 or the refs don’t let us play our brand of ball.

If this team doesn’t make it to at least the elite 8 it won’t be as big of a letdown as the 2022 ND baseball loss or the 2001 football sec champ game but it will be really tough to get over.

Reactions: TennEddie
It feels like it is all coming together for this team to make a deep run... It's hard not to fantasize about DK going nuclear this tournament and taking us to the Final Four. I'm with the poster above that it will be a disappointment if we can't get to the Elite 8 with this combination of veteran leadership and a 1st team all american. GBO!!

There is no way to predict what any team will do in a tournament like this, ridiculous. Way to many variables. I can predict which teams have no chance and UT is not one of them. That puts us on the good side of the equation.

David Cobb Power Rankings:

11. Tennessee

Tennessee played its worst game of the season in an SEC Tournament quarterfinal loss to Mississippi State. Between that clunker and a home defeat against Kentucky to close the regular season, the Volunteers and Rick Barnes are already living up to their reputation as shaky March performers. Last week: 5

We’ll go as far as the refs let us. We just played 2 months in the most athletic and physical conference - either we bully our way to the elite 8 or the refs don’t let us play our brand of ball.
We’ve been bullied a couple times recently too. I was shocked to see Miss St push us around like they did. Letting everything go hasn’t worked out great for us the last couple of games so I hope it’s not a free for all. The main thing is I hope officiating is consistent throughout the game as the trend has not been that most of the year.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he didn't really fill it out. LoL
What are you talking about? Of course he did. He has Hunter beating President Kamala in the final. Trump didn’t make his field and most other spaces are either blank, Corn Pop or a color.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
I hope they can make a deep run, but not overly optimistic. I just can't overcome the evidence that we have some players, when given a nose punch, bleed out pretty quickly. However; nothing would make me happier than to eat these words on a turd sandwich as the boys cut the nets! Go Vols!

Reactions: Clad in Big Orange

My answer is that I have absolutely no idea beyond beating St. Peters, and the why is pretty simple for anyone that has watched this team over the last month - UT can beat anyone in the field and they can be beaten on a given night by most of the teams in a tournament like this.

There is no way to predict, other than matchups will have a lot to do with it. Defense, rebounding on both ends, and balanced scoring = the ticket to good things.

VN Store

Back