Poll: Alabama vs. Oregon for the National Championship: Who Wins?

If Alabama and Oregon meet in the National Championship game, who will win?

• Total voters

Volosaurus rex

Doctorate in Volology
Now that we have had the chance to play both of them, let’s do this right. Assuming that Alabama and Oregon meet in the final BCS National Championship game, who, in your opinion, will win?

I certainly will be pulling for Oregon to win and I predict that Oregon will win, but I do so with less confidence than I would have had three weeks ago. Alabama is beginning to peak in their usual machine-like fashion. On the other hand, Oregon is executing their offense as effectively as any team that I have seen since the Oklahoma wishbone teams of old, and their premier offensive threat, DeAnthony Thomas, has just returned to the lineup, albeit in a diminished capacity. Oregon partisans claim that they have learned from previous matchups with physical SEC teams and have begun to stock the trenches, particularly the defensive front, with bigger, more physical athletes. For those who adhere to the belief that Saban, given a month to prepare, can shut down any opponent, I would ask how do you explain the fact that Texas A & M was more prolific, both in terms of yardage and points scored, this year than last? Saban certainly had enough time to break down Manziel’s game film and come up with a better scheme to slow A & M’s offense. I would also submit that Oregon has more offensive weaponry in its arsenal than the Aggies.

In any event, it will be interesting to see how Vol Nation votes on this matchup, even if it is premature, and what your respective rationales are.

Last edited:
Oregon, because I hate Bama.. no other reason.. I will root for UTC when they play Bama.. .#ihatebama

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person
Dear god let it be anyone other then freaking bama. I hate so much that they are the top team in the land every single season. I don't pull for the sec to win bowls and I could care less about bama winning just because they are an sec team. I would not blink or shed any tears if bama never won another game of football. I hate that town, that state, their symbols, their roll tide roll chants, their tide box toilet paper hats, their bear hats, their white trash fanbase, their dumb*** elephant, lynard skynard and that godforsaken song, etc. So in other words I will cheer for the opposition whether it be oregon or any other team. I would be happy if bama wasn't even chosen to play in the game to be honest. At this point fsu and oregon would be more fun to watch.

After watching Oregon/UCLA I am convinced that Bama could score at will against the Ducks. They would probably score 21 against Bama, Bama rolls by 3+td's

Given a month to prepare for them, I'd give Alabama the edge. However, this is the best Oregon team I've seen, so who knows.

After watching Oregon/UCLA I am convinced that Bama could score at will against the Ducks. They would probably score 21 against Bama, Bama rolls by 3+td's

Be sure and bet the house on it....... :loco:

Give Vegas 20 and take bama....... :birgits_giggle:

Certainly not biased in your post...

One game that you watched means what? They tore away in the second half and ripped UCLA a new one. I have to say the game will be a high scoring one no matter what.

Furthermore, you still have to get by Auburn and LSU. One of those two teams could end your shot at a three-peat.

I hate to say it. Believe me I do.

But currently Bama is the only DYNASTY In College football. Until someone knocks them down. They are and should be the favorite for any particular game.

I hate to say it. Believe me I do.

But currently Bama is the only DYNASTY In College football. Until someone knocks them down. They are and should be the favorite for any particular game.

question was who wins. not who would be the favorite.

I voted for oregon because I hate the bammers and I think oregon has enough weapons and a scheme that would give bama trouble

It's always seemed like FSU blows one to someone they should beat....... HOWEVER, they are looking really good this year and this just might be the year for FSU.

The same could be said about Oregon as well always dropping a game when predicted to go undefeated.

In regards to Oregon I would rather play them than FSU. Oregon during the regular season would be a tough match up for anyone, example what happen to UA last year against aTm after playing LSU. But with a month to prepare Sbana gives UA the advantage. Now FSU on the other hand is setup to create a tough matchup for UA.

But a lot of people are getting ahead of themselves because UA still has LSU and AU to contend with during the regular season.

I'm going to say Alabama just because it would made being around them even more unbearable.

The Ducks are legends in thier own minds, they believe that the run they are making is a dynasty. I think FSU would be a better game.

I'm afraid with that much time to prepare, Saban can scheme anyone. If they played a week after the SECCG then I could see it as a toss up. As it stands the only way Bama doesn't win is if the players go all Utah

The Ducks are legends in thier own minds, they believe that the run they are making is a dynasty. I think FSU would be a better game.

I used records for 1993 through 2012 because 20 years is a nice round number and it basically covers the entire lives of most college football players.

Yea, I guess winning more games over the last 20 years than any other team in your conference is a "flash in the pan" team. Oregon has won 71% of it's games over that period. Ranking 9th in the country and first in the PAC-12.

Alabama ranks 24th while winning 62.5% of it's games. SEC teams with better records over the last 20 years include Florida, Georgia, Tenn, LSU and Auburn. Putting Alabama 6th in their own conference.

Sure Alabama has had recent success and needs to be congratulated for that, however, they should perform more consistently before calling another team a flash in the pan.

If this game is played, I'm with the Ducks. First half will probably be tight. End of first half will be somewhere between a tie and 6 points for someone. Second half completely different. Ducks steam roll the second half.

Certainly not biased in your post...

One game that you watched means what? They tore away in the second half and ripped UCLA a new one. I have to say the game will be a high scoring one no matter what.

Furthermore, you still have to get by Auburn and LSU. One of those two teams could end your shot at a three-peat.

I'm sure there is no bias against Alabama on Volnation.

VN Store

Back