Podcasts

No. But I know who you're talking about because she comes on his pod. He's more my style but she's cool
I've listened to a few episodes of his show, I just didn't like when he was a guest on Bandsplain.

Yet again, I'm here to recommend my show. It's called NO PLAYBOOK and I've recently had several Tennessee Vols. Here are a few guests of note for this crowd:
Tony Vitello, Joshua Dobbs, Blake Burke, Jordan Gainey, Josiah-Jordan James, Joshua Dobbs, John Fulkerson, Josh Mancuso, Tess Darby, Josh Pray, Monica Abbott, several players from the UT soccer team, Squirrel White, Carlos Lopez (Spanish Voice of the Vols)...you get the point! I also feature lots of outstanding local high school talent.
I know these folks are on local radio sometimes, but I dive deep to get more on their personalities and histories. Please check out the show and let me know what you think...unless you hate it!

With the recent news re Fat Leonard being brought back to the states for sentencing, I found a podcast (aptly named Fat Leonard) on the Naval scandal involving him. Wild what he got away with and the access he was given.

My go to pods are Sasquatch Chronicles, Monsters Among Us and The Confessionals

There is really good one called weird darkness. It's a great podcast about historical hauntings, the macabre and just weird stories. Some are true, some are fiction. If you guys like that type of stuff you would really be interested in it

What was the Scandal about?
He was a navy contractor - resupplied and provided safety for ships while they were docked in certain Asian ports. Started a significant system of bribing officers and providing prostitutes. Eventually positioned himself to receive top secret naval info and would then manipulate the officers he had bribed to shift schedules for ships to come to ports he controlled. Then he would over-charge the navy. Was arrested in the 2010s. Slipped his home arrest and escaped to Venezuela en route to Russia. Ended up being stuck in Venezuela until earlier this week, when they sent him back to the US. WSJ has had a couple of recent articles on the scandal. And now the prosecutor who was in charge is under fire and some of the officers involved are having their charges reduced significantly. In the end, from my perspective, Fat Leonard hurt the navy significantly. Leadership in the 7th fleet was hit hard.

He was a navy contractor - resupplied and provided safety for ships while they were docked in certain Asian ports. Started a significant system of bribing officers and providing prostitutes. Eventually positioned himself to receive top secret naval info and would then manipulate the officers he had bribed to shift schedules for ships to come to ports he controlled. Then he would over-charge the navy. Was arrested in the 2010s. Slipped his home arrest and escaped to Venezuela en route to Russia. Ended up being stuck in Venezuela until earlier this week, when they sent him back to the US. WSJ has had a couple of recent articles on the scandal. And now the prosecutor who was in charge is under fire and some of the officers involved are having their charges reduced significantly. In the end, from my perspective, Fat Leonard hurt the navy significantly. Leadership in the 7th fleet was hit hard.
wow

The Piketon County Massacre is fantastic. A modern day Hatfields vs. the McCoys. One family totally annihilated the other in Ohio.

great JFK spotify podcast called JFK: the Enduring Secret. if you're interested in the jfk conspiracy, this is the podcast for you.
this guy goes into so much detail on every aspect of the assassination. he did a top notch job of researching.

I just found Imaginary Worlds. Been around since 2014, and I encourage you to listen to episode 6 “In defense of Captain Hook”. You have to listen until the end. It’s classic.

I really enjoy Astonishing Legends. They cover some great topics, paranormal, strange occurrences, etc.

I’m very entertained by Hold My Popcorn.
It’s a podcast by multiple not PC guys that have fun reviewing movies much like a crew of Kevin Smith blunt characters.
They review terrible movies, good movies, and great movies so I’m very happy they are reviewing a variety of quality of movies because variety is the spice of life.

VN Store

Back