Please stop, just stop.

Nick- the hardest thing to do is admit you have a problem. You are a sunshine pumper my friend.
1) I think all coaches put their team in contention for a bowl
2) "bad break here or there"- that is a classic pumper response
3) losing an entire OLine to the NFL

Please stop, please stop making excuses.
We are what we are- the 2nd year in a rebuilding process. The pumpers calling for 8-9 year win seasons for this year and even next year are sunshine pumpers. One brick at a time. 2015 will be a 7 win year, hopefully. Then we bring the heat in 2016.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I love this site, I come here nearly every day but damn sometimes you make it hard on me. We lost a game toa top 25 opponent, stop crying. Being a realist does not mean accepting the current state of affairs in the program. It simply mean that I, and other like me, take the situation for what it is and realize that making up the ground we've lost since 07 isn't an overnight job.

I've never seen a more ungrateful and whiny bunch than those that have complained, non-stop, about Butch Jones and the job he's doing. I guess back to back top 10 classes isn't good enough, or back to back wins over South Carolina? Hell in both years he's put this team in a position to get bowl eligible and if not for a bad break here and there we'd have achieved it already in both seasons. But oh no we can't ever look at the positive can we? We can't comprehend that losing your ENTIRE NFL quality offensive line and replacing them with walk ons and freshmen might cause your offense to be inconsistent. Nope reality doesn't matter here!

Listen, this team is heading in the right direction, whether you want to believe that or not. We are loading up on linemen and skill players with these classes, the talent gap is closing quickly and that much is apparent in the level of competition on the field. I know y'all are frustrated but trust me, I'm no sunshine pumper, I'm a realist and for the first time in many years I'm excited about the future and you should be too, so please stop it.

Its a message board. Hard for me to imagine a poster who comes here every day like you can claim can be so outraged by negativity.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree 100 percent,we all need to rally around our team but a lot of arm-chair
quarterbacks know more than butch.If they would only go into coaching themselves
I'm sure they would go undefeated every year.Butch has to make on the spot decisions
every game and they don't always work out.

Please stop, just stop posting things on a message board that I don't want to hear. I come here to bolster my shaky self esteem built on affirmation from like-minded people, not to engage in conversation with a variety of individuals of diverse backgrounds and opinions!

We are sitting here watching a championship program build. Just enjoy it! Barnett, Hurd, Reeves-Maybin, Sutton, Dobbs and the slew of 2015 recruits need more than 10 games...or 0 for the recruits.

Right, so why did we run it knowing it wouldn't work?

Dobbs was an unknown commodity and Peterman was clearly not the guy so as a coach you go with what you know you have. there's no way the staff could have known Dobbs was going to be this explosive until they had no choice but to play him. I do think they should ahve burned the read option plays while Worley was starting but I can't fault them for it either.

Going back to the good ole days.
Tired of call in shows, sites like this and others, I will read the newspaper and that is it. I remember how much I enjoyed that before we had these things, I have come to the conclusion that I don't care about the opinion of others on sports.

I hope you mean in this thread.
There was an entire thread about getting CBJ out.

Plus, that tired line is used up now.
insanity would be believing CBJ is as inept as a few say he is and those people wanting to keep him.

Thank you! And that is exactly what i was talking about, people were so upset that we lost to Bama and Ole Miss but realistically that's what should have happened, we are about to be bowl eligible for the first time since 2010 and people are complaining we didn't win 8 games. Good lord.

Where did I whine? I merely pointed out that complaining about this team given where we were to where we are is ridiculous. People that can't see the progress being made are blind.
Dude, this is forum for discussion. Good and bad.

Its your opinion that complaining is ridiculous. Maybe those members simply aren't ready to accept that improvement over what Dooley did here is enough. Everyone can see the improvement, but improvement as compared to what? If its what Dooley did while here its a pretty damn low bar to get over.

You may have a very different definition of what improvement is than others.

So, while you may have very valid points, just consider that maybe the other side of the discussion do as well.

Plus, its a freaking forum. Nothing is gonna change it.

You began whining in the title, and then in the first sentence. It didn't get any better from there.

Looks like he was just staying his opinion. It must have struck a nerve and hit close to home for you. You feeling guilty or something? Surely your not one of those that are always whining, crying, complaining or just bi###### about everything are you?

I have seen a lot of "stuff" since moving to Knoxville in 1991. The whole Majors/ Fulmer debacle, that probably cost us a chance to have on of the best seasons ever. That team was just playing so good under Fulmer and then Johnny came marching home again and the season went to crap.
Lots of good years under Fulmer, probably the best run since Neyland, but the that blew up in 2008 and it's been a roller coaster ride ever since. Lane came for a cup of coffee and then Doofus drug us through the mud and got his 5 mil to leave. It has just been like a long walk in the proverbial jungle for six years.
Butch has a plan. He is working the plan. Next year, I honestly think we will that plan truly unfold. He has the system, the qb, the recruits coming in to give us the depth we need, that we haven't had in years. Hold on to your hats, it's about to happen.:pepper:

Dude, this is forum for discussion. Good and bad.

Its your opinion that complaining is ridiculous. Maybe those members simply aren't ready to accept that improvement over what Dooley did here is enough. Everyone can see the improvement, but improvement as compared to what? If its what Dooley did while here its a pretty damn low bar to get over.

You may have a very different definition of what improvement is than others.

So, while you may have very valid points, just consider that maybe the other side of the discussion do as well.

Plus, its a freaking forum. Nothing is gonna change it.

I know, what gets me is the people who are ready to throw in the towel on this staff because of two freaking seasons. And yes people are going to have different versions of what success should look like, so I'll clear the air and tell you exactly what I expected this year.

I came into this season thinking it would be much like last year probably about 5-7 maybe even 4-8. There was no reason to believe that the offense was going to be able to get much going after replacing what might be one of the best lines in school history and the defense was still much maligned and very young.

The first surprise came with how well the defense played and for the majority of the season we had one of the best 3rd down and red zone defenses in the SEC, that's a pretty big leap from being dead last in nearly every meaningful category 2 years ago.
Second surprise was how tough we played OU, I never expected to win but take away that pick six and the give us that fumble and that's a 10 point game late y'all but chalk up mistakes to youth, it happens.
The biggest surprise was Josh Dobbs and the South Carolina game, all you need to know about the mentality Butch Jones has instilled in this program can be learned from this game.

Now is this progress? I think the term crawl before you walk applies to this program right now. Every single problem the team has can be fixed through experience and recruiting, both of which we have in spades at the moment.

Looks like he was just staying his opinion. It must have struck a nerve and hit close to home for you. You feeling guilty or something? Surely your not one of those that are always whining, crying, complaining or just bi###### about everything are you?

Well I did point out that I was only making a plea for sanity and pointing out how ridiculous people were for quitting on the coach after barely 2 full seasons.

I have seen a lot of "stuff" since moving to Knoxville in 1991. The whole Majors/ Fulmer debacle, that probably cost us a chance to have on of the best seasons ever. That team was just playing so good under Fulmer and then Johnny came marching home again and the season went to crap.
Lots of good years under Fulmer, probably the best run since Neyland, but the that blew up in 2008 and it's been a roller coaster ride ever since. Lane came for a cup of coffee and then Doofus drug us through the mud and got his 5 mil to leave. It has just been like a long walk in the proverbial jungle for six years.
Butch has a plan. He is working the plan. Next year, I honestly think we will that plan truly unfold. He has the system, the qb, the recruits coming in to give us the depth we need, that we haven't had in years. Hold on to your hats, it's about to happen.:pepper:

I'm glad someone here gets it, depth is probably the biggest problem we have and when you have to play 22 freshmen in a year that speaks volumes about where the program is talent wise.

So making a plea for sanity and pointing out that the insane "Butch Jones isn't the guy after 1 recruiting class and 1.75 years " threads are ridiculous is whining? My bad, carry on then.

Ahhhhh. I say fire Butch Jones!!!!!
Heck he is killing our program.
Let's go get Bob stoops ... I mean
Jimbo fisher.... I mean
Bill synder... I mean
Art briles.... I mean
Brian Kelly.... I mean
Todd graham .
Oh wait they won't come to Tennessee. Well let's fire
Jones anyway and have nobody to replace him.
Gotta love sarcasm.
We better sign his extension now. Seriously

I love this site, I come here nearly every day but damn sometimes you make it hard on me. We lost a game toa top 25 opponent, stop crying. Being a realist does not mean accepting the current state of affairs in the program. It simply mean that I, and other like me, take the situation for what it is and realize that making up the ground we've lost since 07 isn't an overnight job.

I've never seen a more ungrateful and whiny bunch than those that have complained, non-stop, about Butch Jones and the job he's doing. I guess back to back top 10 classes isn't good enough, or back to back wins over South Carolina? Hell in both years he's put this team in a position to get bowl eligible and if not for a bad break here and there we'd have achieved it already in both seasons. But oh no we can't ever look at the positive can we? We can't comprehend that losing your ENTIRE NFL quality offensive line and replacing them with walk ons and freshmen might cause your offense to be inconsistent. Nope reality doesn't matter here!

Listen, this team is heading in the right direction, whether you want to believe that or not. We are loading up on linemen and skill players with these classes, the talent gap is closing quickly and that much is apparent in the level of competition on the field. I know y'all are frustrated but trust me, I'm no sunshine pumper, I'm a realist and for the first time in many years I'm excited about the future and you should be too, so please stop it.

Unfortunately, there's still posters on here that would look at you like you're stupid or something even though your post is 100% true. You're not going to please everyone on here nor, are you going to make them stop whining over the stupidest things either. That's just VolNation for you.

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. What some people don't understand is that the talent started waning in the last couple years of Fulmer's regime. Yes, we made the SEC championship in 2007, but it was a down time in the East. Hell, we had to beat Kentucky in three or four OT's to secure our title. The next year it really showed as we lost a bunch of winnable games and then the homecoming game to a very mediocre Wyoming team. The UT "brand" started going down and Kiffen and Doofus only made it worse. We hit rock bottom in DD's last year, even though we had a some nice offensive weapons.

your opinion. have no idea how you can say we are heading in the right direction. right now I would say we are at a status quo.

Remember the magic elixir of verbiage: WE ARE TENNESSEE. That should overcome anything keeping us from perfection.

I am for TN, like Butch Jones, and wear orange to church. So, am I at the right discussion forum? Or, should I find the site for TN fans?

VN Store

Back