Players and coaches blocking fans on Social media

Why in the hell would they want to hear nothing but negative remarks from a delusional fanbase such as ours on Twitter? Here we are 3-0 this season and already our fans are getting on the coach's nerves and my nerves. It's not the team that's embarrassing, it's all of us! Enough is enough already.

The apocalypse is coming soon be patient. After the next four games, the trumpet blower will have to hide forever.

I saw a lot of posts on twitter today about Justin Martin blocking fans after they called him out on his 'remember where ya'll were' type of tweet. Before that Azzani and Debord have blocked fans for criticizing the offense and passing game.
I understand blocking abusers but blocking fans for criticizing ? May be in Martin's case we can make argument that he is a kid but what is Azzani and DeBord's excuse ?
Do they realize that it is because of fans that hey have jobs and make tons of money ? It is the fans that have filled the stadium despite having horrible years over and over. They have cheered on for VOLS even in 5-7 season.
These coaches want our cheers, want our support, want us to fill the stadium, be so loud that OU lineman calls it best he has even seen ... but when they play bad they don't want criticism ? Blocking TN fans on social media is unacceptable.
(barring abusers who use profanity or take cheap shots)

So what did you tweet that got you blocked?

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think it's a problem at all. In fact, I hope they'll block whomever they need to so that they don't waste 2 seconds of their time/energy/focus on what a fan has to say. Fans are gonna say what we're gonna say, and they/we have that right. I would hope that players, and certainly coaches, could do their jobs without spending one second paying attention to what their fans are saying when they're playing poorly.

Reactions: 1 person
Blocking TN fans on social media is unacceptable.

This forum (FOR FANS) and social media like Twitter are two different things. if you are stupid enough to go on Twitter and criticize a player or coach, you should get blocked.

Post away on the forums. Forums are here for fans. IMO, players and coaches shouldn't even go on fan forums listening to fans bitc$%$$.

Are people actually to trying offer coaching advice to the players/coaches?

Last edited:
Tweeting recruits and players is a bad idea

Coaches take the chance in their position

Still, one should be tactful in their use of Social Media

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think it's a problem at all. In fact, I hope they'll block whomever they need to so that they don't waste 2 seconds of their time/energy/focus on what a fan has to say. Fans are gonna say what we're gonna say, and they/we have that right. I would hope that players, and certainly coaches, could do their jobs without spending one second paying attention to what their fans are saying when they're playing poorly.

That's exactly right. We have a huge problem if our players and coaches are waisting seconds/minutes on what our fans are saying. Just improve and beat Florida.

I saw a lot of posts on twitter today about Justin Martin blocking fans after they called him out on his 'remember where ya'll were' type of tweet. Before that Azzani and Debord have blocked fans for criticizing the offense and passing game.
I understand blocking abusers but blocking fans for criticizing ? May be in Martin's case we can make argument that he is a kid but what is Azzani and DeBord's excuse ?
Do they realize that it is because of fans that hey have jobs and make tons of money ? It is the fans that have filled the stadium despite having horrible years over and over. They have cheered on for VOLS even in 5-7 season.
These coaches want our cheers, want our support, want us to fill the stadium, be so loud that OU lineman calls it best he has even seen ... but when they play bad they don't want criticism ? Blocking TN fans on social media is unacceptable.

The coaches don't owe us anything but 100% effort and are right on all levels. The players have enough distractions and the fans shouldn't be one of them. I have had season tickets for 20 years and think it's pretty creepy that grown men and women are offended that they can no longer correspond with kids on Twitter and Facebook anymore.

Reactions: 3 people
The problem with social media is that everyone thinks they're important for some reason. Coaches and players don't owe it to people to listen to their b****ing.

OP sounds butthurt

Do fans owe it to coaches to kneel before them at every turn?

With that said:

I don't follow people on Twitter or any social media to bash them.. To me, that negativity is a little much. Me biaaatching on here is what this place is for. A dude in college or his coach don't need me telling them they suck.

Reactions: 3 people
They should be able to block whomever they choose. However, we are not the only fan base with high expectations and perfection seeking fans (some call delusional and have a case). My best friend and college roommate is a huge Ohio St. Fan and trashes on them every chance he gets. Just comes with the competition and nature of the game.

VN Store

Back