Plaxico Burress Goes Off on College Coach Nick Saban in Twitter Rant

ohio state dealt with the same thing.

And they clearly dealt with it better.

The timing of the draft grades has nothing to do with why Bama lost (unless Cyrus Jones got his grade sometime in September).

That doesn't mean that it made sense for the NFL to move it up.

And they clearly dealt with it better.

The timing of the draft grades has nothing to do with why Bama lost (unless Cyrus Jones got his grade sometime in September).

That doesn't mean that it made sense for the NFL to move it up.

But that's not what Saban said or implied (regardless of what he says afterwards). When he says the grades went out and we had guys distracted he's indirectly (if it can even be labeled that) saying it affected our play. It's becoming a theme. If he doesn't like how it's perceived in the media and by the public, then man up or say nothing at all.

But that's not what Saban said or implied (regardless of what he says afterwards). When he says the grades went out and we had guys distracted he's indirectly (if it can even be labeled that) saying it affected our play. It's becoming a theme. If he doesn't like how it's perceived in the media and by the public, then man up or say nothing at all.

I'm sure it was a distraction. It would be a distraction during Spring camp. But, it's not the reason Bama lost.

But Saban isn't wrong about the issue itself. Saban could say "sex is awesome" at Media Days and 70% of opposing fans would spend the next week discussing how he's wrong.

I'm sure it was a distraction. It would be a distraction during Spring camp. But, it's not the reason Bama lost.

But Saban isn't wrong about the issue itself. Saban could say "sex is awesome" at Media Days and 70% of opposing fans would spend the next week discussing how he's wrong.

Then why talk about it in the context of losing a game? I think we all agree it's not why they lost but our opinions don't diminish the implication or perception Saban has made.

Then why talk about it in the context of losing a game? I think we all agree it's not why they lost but our opinions don't diminish the implication or perception Saban has made.

Saban has something that pisses him off at all times. If there is something that he thinks makes his job needlessly harder, then I expect him to do what he can to deal with it. I may not like his approach, but it is what it is.

I'm willing to bet that 100% percent of coaches would say they'd prefer it moved back til after the bowls if one were to ask them. There is no positive to delivering them in December when they used to be delivered after the NCG.

Reactions: 1 person
ohio state dealt with the same thing.

Nah, Ohio States 3rd string QB never got a draft grade IIRC so he just played balls to the wall. Totally unfair, all walk ons should be given a draft grade to so it's equal for everyone.

So Saban sends this kind of stuff out for recruiting:

...then complains about players being distracted about draft grades?

Reactions: 5 people

Saban could say meth is awesome and everyone would say he is wrong but bamawriter would agree with him.

Reactions: 2 people

"You need a checkup from the neckup." - Ben Franklin

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back