Pivot East

Interesting... I guess they got what they wanted.

Meanwhile,

Japan Bank: US Sanctions Could Lead to Direct Ruble-Yen Swaps

The Japan Bank for International Cooperationsenion's senior managing director has said that the establishment is turning to Ruble-Yen swaps, as using the US dollar in transactions is difficult because of the Western anti-Russia sanctions.

U.S. boxer Roy Jones Jr. applies for Russian passport | Reuters

r

When are you turning in your papers?

Reactions: 2 people
Two regimes that hate foreigners and kill their own people giving one another a helping hand. That really is sweet. Someone call Hallmark.

Reactions: 1 person
Two regimes that hate foreigners and kill their own people giving one another a helping hand. That really is sweet. Someone call Hallmark.
Ironic is what it is since they don't particularly care for each other to boot.

Ironic is what it is since they don't particularly care for each other to boot.

I'm no idealist, and I wish American foreign policy wasn't as saturated with it as it has been since the fall of the Soviet Union, but I find it really amusing how these nations that supposedly support "self-determination" and "state sovereignty," like your Russias, Chinas, Irans, etc., have "aligned" (probably not even the right term) against the US. In reality, we know that all it is is them simply being alarmed about international standards of moral conduct being against them.

Reminds me of the "Look, all we want to do is...Why can't you tolerate my religion?" Islam meme that some posters have shared on here before, except for state regimes: "Look, all we want to do is deny Internet access, enrich our elites, kill political dissenters, torture gays, and hide all our corruption from our people. Why can't you support state sovereignty like we do?"

One thing favoring the emerging economies in the east hasn't gotten much press here. Tucked away in the spending bill congress just passed they approved the IMF's 2010 quota and governance reforms on the day of the deadline. I wonder what happened to cause the last minute change because congress has been resistant to pressure from the IMF for 5 years.

One thing favoring the emerging economies in the east hasn't gotten much press here. Tucked away in the spending bill congress just passed they approved the IMF's 2010 quota and governance reforms on the day of the deadline. I wonder what happened to cause the last minute change because congress has been resistant to pressure from the IMF for 5 years.
I think the IMF pretty much moved without the US when they allowed Yuan in the SDR currency basket a few weeks ago. I don't even think the US has even funded the IMF in several years, but not quite sure.

Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank opens officially in Beijing

Founded on the lines of the World Bank and Asian Development Bank, the AIIB will focus on financing infrastructure construction across Asia.

AIIB has 57 developed and developing nations as prospective founding members, including Australia, Britain, Germany, Italy, the Philippines and South Korea.

However, the US and Japan, two of the world's largest economies, have decided not to join the bank.

Nigeria (largest in population OPEC country) officially pivots east...

Nigeria to include yuan in its foreign reserves - Vanguard News

You never get tired of trying to prove yourself right?

Sad to say, Nigeria still has the vast majority of their reserves in dollars. Not exactly pivoting east.

Here is what you need to know about the currency swap agreement between Nigeria and China - Ventures Africa

In 2014, Central Bank’s deputy governor, Kingsley Moghalu, said the bank was looking to increase the percentage of Yuan foreign reserves in its possession from 2 percent to 7 percent. According to him, 85 percent of its foreign reserves were in dollars and it needed to have more in Chinese Yuan, as the country was taking a more important place in global trade. “It was clear to us that the future of international economics and trade will shift in large part to business with and by China. Ultimately the renminbi (Yuan) is likely to become a global convertible currency,” Moghalu said.

So until they drop the dollar entirely, I'm not seeing this mythical "pivot east" you keep claiming.

Sorry Rastradamus, your prophetic powers have failed yet again.

China will most likely grow old before it ever grows rich (aka, outdoes the US consistently and permanently).

China may temporarily pass the US in total GDP here in the next decade. It may stay that way for a decade or two, and then I expect it to stagnate, while the US then passes it (assuming the US ever got behind in the first place) once again for good.

I say this because China is what I call an "Old World" nation. Most nations on Earth are Old World nations (this is not just a geographical locator term, as most nations in the Western Hemisphere are also Old World nations and cultures), by which I mean that their approach to culture and social organization is fundamentally antiquated - they're not set up to keep expanding once their population stops reproducing, either through government social engineering or through apathy. China is an example of the former, while Japan, Denmark, and other northern European nations are examples of the latter. They are all, in other words, truly decadent.

Despite all the talk about its decline, there is only one nation - a New World nation - that is both built to keep expanding into the future and to remain at the top, and that is the United States (and Canada, to some extent, but this is as much a product of its proximity to the US as it is one of its own internal organization). The US is a truly robust society, despite what Twitterites may say, vital and virile, and constantly taking in new peoples. This is exceptionally important, given that our white population, among some others, no longer reproduces at replenishment levels.

So, in short, China may still rise for a bit, but I think it will be short-lived. Its population will soon be in decline - a matter that may not have made a difference had China been at its current stage just a decade ago and had time to get wealthy before the demographic decline - and it will then reach a point of stagnation since there still isn't enough wealth distributed among enough Chinese to keep it growing.

I don't think the "pivot East" ever comes, although it is certainly true there are numerous emerging markets there. Which is like saying that jobless people stand to make money once they have jobs

Last edited:
it must be a confusing world you live in. You believe in this NWO so much, yet every day you are given evidence of nations exerting some free will. my favorite was when you guys were all over yourselves about France joining Russia.

When I saw that this thread was bumped, I thought he was going to be gloating about the Philippines. I was shocked to see that it was relatively nothing of significance about Italy.

Oh my goodness, there's an interesting story brewing in NE Alabama today that is going get a bunch of you Sheeple worked up and paranoid.

VN Store

Back