Pitino done?

How the NCAA hasn't found anything suspicious yet under Calapari at Kentucky, is beyond me.

Perhaps if you didn't just assume that he is cheating. if he was, Sandy Bell would be all over him. she is the best compliance officer in the biz.

Perhaps if you didn't just assume that he is cheating. if he was, Sandy Bell would be all over him. she is the best compliance officer in the biz.

Based on extensive research into compliance officer's across the nation I trust, lol?

But I agree, she appears to have done a fantastic job of hiding the smoking guns, keeping the NCAA at bay, and ignoring the ethics of the one and done UK recruiting philosophy at an institution of higher learning.

Reactions: 1 person
Different game, different eras. No comparison.

You're right. She did it for what. 3 eras? Minimum. There are few coaches in all sports to compare to pat. Neither cal nor pitino are close. Coach k is the closest current one to her, and even then he didn't take his sport from relative obscurity to worldwide popularity. And women's ball in Europe/Asia is actually a big deal.

CRP is welcome at Tennessee if CCM leaves for Marquette. I would pick him up at the airport!:D

You're right. She did it for what. 3 eras? Minimum. There are few coaches in all sports to compare to pat. Neither cal nor pitino are close. Coach k is the closest current one to her, and even then he didn't take his sport from relative obscurity to worldwide popularity. And women's ball in Europe/Asia is actually a big deal.

Not knocking or minimizing what CPS accomplished, but apples and ...ahem... oranges.

Not knocking or minimizing what CPS accomplished, but apples and ...ahem... oranges.

No one was initially comparing their careers. HF said we knew nothing about basketball success and implied that we dont care, therefore we couldn't comprehend UK's situation in regards to Pitino. A poster simply pointed out we have the greatest WBB program and coach of all time, to prove that we know what successful bball looks like. Y'all are the ones who failed to comprehend the point being made.

No one was initially comparing their careers. HF said we knew nothing about basketball success and implied that we dont care, therefore we couldn't comprehend UK's situation in regards to Pitino. A poster simply pointed out we have the greatest WBB program and coach of all time, to prove that we know what successful bball looks like. Y'all are the ones who failed to comprehend the point being made.

It's just a stretch to claim women's hoops success. No one cares. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: 1 person
Vol fans can't understand because it is hoops, of which they've had no success (not being a prick, just is what it is)

If fulmer left one year after a national title, then came back to Bama 2 years later, it would have been the same situation.

Dang if only that happened....Then maybe Bama would be in a complete mess and not us.

All Pitino needs is another round of the backstroke with a woman in a restaurant after hours. Would make him feel all young and vigorous.

The only thing that I could compare it to would be if General Neyland had gone to work for Bama right after leaving UT. Some lines just shouldn't be crossed.

That said, he is an elite, HOF coach. There's no doubting his coaching abilities. What he did at UK will always have my respect. And I think that one day he will be embraced by BBN. But now, he's working for our #1 rival.

I can see that. However, I doubt he is retiring. I believe that "end of an era" line is referring to that squad of outgoing players. As long as he feels healthy enough to keep working, he will keep going until he can't go anymore. And when he retires, you UK folk better put those feelings against him quick if you are going to embrace and honor him. He may go out like Bear Bryant.

I can see that. However, I doubt he is retiring. I believe that "end of an era" line is referring to that squad of outgoing players. As long as he feels healthy enough to keep working, he will keep going until he can't go anymore. And when he retires, you UK folk better put those feelings against him quick if you are going to embrace and honor him. He may go out like Bear Bryant.

He'll be embraced to some extent. Hell, his jersey is still hanging in Rupp.

Vol fans can't understand because it is hoops, of which they've had no success.

Dumbest comment of the year.

Gregg Popovich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Erik Spoelstra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Frank Vogel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Using similar (stupid) logic... those guys could never understand coaching in the NBA because they've never played pro basketball.

As far as being a fan of sports goes, that requires far less than coaching, so your comment about not understanding from a fan's point of view is moronic. If you've seen one sport as a fan, you've seen em all. Fan bases in all sports mirror each other. But yes, somehow make this about you knowing more because your team has had more success. Dumbest f***in' logic ever.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right about that. I'm just saying UT has experienced a great deal of success in a bball program. It's not like we are totally unaccustomed to it.

Nope, we are.

Because being a fan of college football, pro football, pro basketball, pro baseball etc. can't be compared to college basketball. Your team could be great in all of those sports but some how being a college basketball fan is a different standard and you can't understand unless your team has had success. As if having success in one sport is any different than having success in another sport. It's the same thing. Sports are sports and fans are fans. You don't see Titans fans crying over Jeff Fisher coaching the team that beat them in the Super Bowl. But oh wait... it's not college basketball so it's not the same thing. :blink:

VN Store

Back