Pink Slip Monday 2014

Other than about 3-4 seasons, that's all you get out of Fisher. He is highly regarded but an 8-8 coach.

Consistently getting a franchise as pathetic as the Titans to finish around .500 is nothing to turn your nose up at. The fact that he actually got to a Super Bowl and won a handful of division titles for an owner who never truly tried to win is borderline miraculous.

I like Fisher. He's got the Rams heading in the right direction. They just need a QB, and I'm not sure Bradford is the answer.

Tom Coughlin is tough guy to fire. Not sure what all the problems in NY are but it's my understanding that they have major roster issues. Particularly the OL. It's hard to say a coach with 2 Super Bowl wins couldn't turn it around with some personnel upgrades.

On the other hand, he is getting up there in age. The stress of being an NFL HC isn't easy on someone pushing 70 years old.

Retained.

cant believe Sparano is still employed right now

He was an interim for the year after they fired Dennis Allen in September.

He never actually had to be "fired" at year's end as he wasn't ever officially hired as a full head coach; he was just temporarily given the position until they hired the next guy.

Reactions: 1 person
Bills coach opts out of his contract after 2 years, so add that one.

Hopefully this and CHI don't start a "only giving coaches 2 years" kind of trend.

Reactions: 1 person
Mike Shanahan apparently interviewed with the Raiders

VN Store

Back