Pink Out vs Arkansas

Prostate cancer affects more people than breast cancer. But you wouldn't know it by the "awareness".

Fold the tents and quit altogether then...orrrr rally the troops and pick a color for our Johnson's. :dunno:

While I can agree with you that gimmicks aren't inherently bad, what's unique about pink for breast cancer awareness? It's oversaturated at this point. There are many diseases just as deadly and some more so that could use a tenth of the awareness breast cancer has now (cough cough prostate cancer and heart disease).

Unique to our fanbase. I don't remember ever having the whole of Neyland wearing pink. And we can do those, too. If the pink out works, next year we could do a different color for prostate cancer or heart disease.

Actually, when you're losing & underperforming, you should be miserable. I hate this mindset that losing is ok, just have fun (in this case wearing a pink friggin shirt to a football game). Take your Carpe Diem everyone gets a trophy for trying mentality elsewhere.

Hahahahaha! They should just give up on their academics and athletics and spiral into a deep depression because they didn't win a FOOTBALL game. You're right. What was I thinking?

You do realize that they are STUDENT athletes, right? These aren't professional athletes that get paid to win games. Many of these kids never even dreamed of going to college until they started playing football. Forgive them if they occasionally put their own academics and mental well-being a step higher on their list of priorities than they do a COLLEGE football game.

By the way, these kids hurt themselves every single practice and game. Many of them injuries that would have grown men wrapped up in a cast in a wheelchair for months (Gilliam ring a bell?). But they keep playing anyway. These kids sacrifice too much to be depressed over losing a couple of ballgames.

Unique to our fanbase. I don't remember ever having the whole of Neyland wearing pink. And we can do those, too. If the pink out works, next year we could do a different color for prostate cancer or heart disease.

How about we just wear orange and go to the game? Why do we have to do any awareness at a sporting event?

Reactions: 1 person
How about a brown out for prostate cancer awareness

The official prostate cancer awareness color is light blue.
brain-cancer-ribbon-color-ynhehhb2.png

Last edited:
No thanks.
Gimmicky crowd dressing doesn't work well in our favor as everytime we do it we not only lose, but lose in Ex girlfriend rip out my heartbreaking fashion.

What does one have to do with the other?

My grandmother has been in remission since '97. I get that it's a terrible disease. But if people don't know about it by now I'd be surprised. I'm just tired of the gimmicky stuff, granted this one has more meaning than most.

Reactions: 1 person
Because it's a sporting event not a cancer society rally. Everything has its place.

Football and sporting events aren't as important...you'll get over it...or you won't. Who the freak cares?

My grandmother has been in remission since '97. I get that it's a terrible disease. But if people don't know about it by now I'd be surprised. I'm just tired of the gimmicky stuff, granted this one has more meaning than most.

How is it a "gimmick"? Some fans wear pink in the stands...players have some pink on their uniforms. Game's still played by the same rules...no chemo ports or radiation units on the field. Glad to hear about your Grandma...wish I could tell my Mom and wife.

No thanks.
Gimmicky crowd dressing doesn't work well in our favor as everytime we do it we not only lose, but lose in Ex girlfriend rip out my heartbreaking fashion.

I'd trade every Vol game forever 52-0 (yes,even Vandy) for just one more day with the real important.

Prostate cancer affects more people than breast cancer. But you wouldn't know it by the "awareness".

More women die from lung cancer than breast cancer, but you don't hear the outcry for it like you do to 'save the tatas'.

VN Store

Back