Pick'em - Alabama - Friday, Saturday and Sunday

I’m a very fair minded individual, suggestions are always welcomed. I may even let a regular poster run Pick’em one weekend for a change of pace. Their rules and their points……within reason of course
That sounds fun.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I’m a very fair minded individual, suggestions are always welcomed. I may even let a regular poster run Pick’em one weekend for a change of pace. Their rules and their points……within reason of course
I volunteer for the final pick'em contest of the year. Be happy to do the final tally of the points as well if you need it.

Reactions: Drewbydoo and MAD
SWEEP

DOUBLE

Voting with my heart!! Also not sure if I have anything to double, just wanting to keep Mad4Vols from stealing my limelight.

Reactions: MAD
DOUBLE IS NOW IN PLAY!!!!!

for the new guys, you have the option to Double the point value for a correct answer; just say "Double" after your answer. However, if you are incorrect in your answer, the point value is Doubled with negative points...........if you don't Double and are incorrect, no points are deducted.

View attachment 626684

#14 Ranked Crimson Tide
0-0 SEC
15-2 Overall

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A correct answer is worth 5 points

How will our Vols fair this weekend against the Crimson Tide?

Simply reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept

and add "Double" if you're feeling good about your pick​

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Pick how the Vols will fair during the weekend series or weekday game(s)
2. Reply with whatever is stated above…..
3. At the end of the season (tournaments included) a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed OT's allotted budget
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game. Any edits after the start of the game will result in a disqualification for that Series or Game, and points will be deducted
5. You do not have to play every week. Total points won will win
6. The point system may be changed at my discretion at any time
7. More rules may be added at my discretion
8. No wagering; 2024 Pick'em is for the enjoyment of the Volnation forums.
9. Disputes will be handled by a 3-person committee: Me, Myself, and I
10. The committee may elect to limit the number of Pick'em contestants and/or remove any Contestant at anytime
11. When the Pick'em Points Update comes out, you have up to 24 hours to notify me of a mistake I may have made, it happens

Again, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count, and points will be deducted at OT's discretion.

Pick with your gut and not your heart!!! - OT

Sweep.

Oh hell nah, don’t leave that crazy rat bastard in charge…

I see him sucking up…hoovering…

Hello RespectAPA,

We are sorry to hear that you have an issue with our Pick'em Format for Week 1 of SEC Play. The Committee values your opinion and will take every measure to make sure your voice is heard on deaf ears. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback as it helps us assist you better as your opinion really doesn't matter.

Again, sorry for the emotional distress our current point system has caused. Happy Picking!!

Thanks,
The Committee

Kidding aside, your math may be correct if we were Georgia or South Carolina however we are Tennessee and really good at baseball. As I see it, there are 2 probabilities, we are either going to Sweep or go 2-1. Therefore your chance of picking a correct answer is 50/50. In the past, several years ago, when we played far superior teams, I did have the Sweep worth more however the chance of ever Sweeping was very unlikely and to my recollection never happened. In today's age of Tennessee baseball, we have a decent chance of sweeping every team we play with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 teams, which we do not play this year.........If we were playing Arkansas, yes the Sweep might be worth more as the probability of Sweeping Arkansas is unlikely. If we were playing Missouri, the question wouldn't even be win/loss related. The points awarded and questions will vary with each SEC team we play.
LOL

VN Store

Back