Phone app

I get that. I'm just saying, it's not happening to most people here and things are fine for me personally. If you're waiting 30-45 seconds for pages to load, it's something on your device or with your isp or a connection between your isp and volnation.

Maybe my phone is getting too old. Coming up on 3 years.

The slow loading is no big deal for me at all. I’m just reporting it. Waiting 30-45 seconds at first doesn’t bother me. Writing and losing long posts gets me to cussing.

I cleared the Safari cache and the 30-45 second delay while the website initializes still happens. 100% of the time (unless I only close the window for a very short amount of time).

I don’t believe it is a connection issue. It happens when using the home, wireless connection (AT&T Fiber) and also if I use the wireless service (Verizon). Pretty much 100% of the time when loading VN dot com but not when I go to other websites (Google dot com, utsports dot com, Wikipedia dot com, etc).
I hear what you're saying, but no one else has told me about having any issues with 30-45 second delay while the site initializes. And I'm sure that's something I would hear about. And I frequently test the site on multiple devices and multiple connections just to be sure. Maybe it's your isp, maybe it's a safari setting, maybe it's a firewall on your network, maybe it's a browser plugin you're using. There's just no way for me to know.

Maybe my phone is getting too old. Coming up on 3 years.
Shouldn't be an issue. Like iphone 11 or something? All the latest updates? Clearly something is going on with your safari, but I think your phone should be fine.

The slow loading is no big deal for me at all. I’m just reporting it. Waiting 30-45 seconds at first doesn’t bother me. Writing and losing long posts gets me to cussing.
Waiting 30-45 seconds would drive me insane. I do feel like we'll get the reload issue fixed soon.

Reactions: VolNExile
Shouldn't be an issue. Like iphone 11 or something? All the latest updates? Clearly something is going on with your safari, but I think your phone should be fine.

iPhone 13 with the largest amount of storage available at the time and the latest iOS updates.

iPhone 13 with the largest amount of storage available at the time and the latest iOS updates.
So weird. Obviously that should be fine. it's not even two years old yet. Definitely not a hardware issue on your part.

I've turned back on auto save on messages, for now. It causes some issues last time I tried to use it and people didn't like it. But while it's on, it will save your post every 30 seconds and keep it in the reply window for an hour. I can change those parameters but that should be sufficient, I think. Let me know if you notice it.

Waiting 30-45 seconds would drive me insane. I do feel like we'll get the reload issue fixed soon.

The 30-45 seconds is only when I FIRST get on the website. After that it generally loads screens immediately while I’m on the website. If I set the phone down for a long time with the web page still loaded it will often “time out” and it will take another 30-45 seconds to get going again. Like not being active for a half hour or an hour. Really just a one time annoyance if I’m active on the VN website.

The 30-45 seconds is only when I FIRST get on the website. After that it generally loads screens immediately while I’m on the website. If I set the phone down for a long time with the web page still loaded it will often “time out” and it will take another 30-45 seconds to get going again. Like not being active for a half hour or an hour. Really just a one time annoyance if I’m active on the VN website.
I see.

So you aren't having issues with pages loading once you're on the site, like a few others? I have a hard time keeping everyone straight. lol

So weird. Obviously that should be fine. it's not even two years old yet. Definitely not a hardware issue on your part.

I've turned back on auto save on messages, for now. It causes some issues last time I tried to use it and people didn't like it. But while it's on, it will save your post every 30 seconds and keep it in the reply window for an hour. I can change those parameters but that should be sufficient, I think. Let me know if you notice it.

My work around on the lost posts have been (1) copying the unfinished post and/or (and occasionally pasting to Notes since COPY only saves one item) and (2) hitting POST as quickly as possible and then going back and editing the typos.

My work around on the lost posts have been (1) copying the unfinished post and/or (and occasionally pasting to Notes since COPY only saves one item) and (2) hitting POST as quickly as possible and then going back and editing the typos.
That works too. But still let me know if you see the auto save kick in. It might help a little.

There's also now a save draft button on the toolbar of the message reply box.

So you aren't having issues with pages loading once you're on the site, like a few others? I have a hard time keeping everyone straight. lol

I don’t think I’m having other pages loading BUT just before losing posts being composed, the screen shifts and I sometimes unintentionally click an ad with a link which throws up a new window. When that happens the post being written isn’t necessarily lost and closing the new window that the ad possibly baiting me into clicking on takes me back to the unfinished post. Actually when a new window loads my unfinished post is still there. When I lose posts a new window might be getting blocked. But the page refreshes minus the post tgat I was writing.

I installed DuckDuckGo and VN loads immediately. It looks like FireFox is now loading immediately. Safari still has the 30-45 second wait before the web page completely loads and functions.

And the auto save is keeping most of my unfinished posts when the page hiccups. The last 3-4 words are usually lost, but that’s not a problem.

VN Store

Back