Phil Steele -- Georgia game prediction

mmajaz12

Coming into last year the home tm had won by 21, 12, 26 and 27 being +195 ypg. Last year UGA had a 366-269 yard edge and held the Vols to -21 yards rush (3rd lowest school hist). The game was tied at 6 at the half but UGA led 20-6 when UT went 76/14pl for a td with 2:45 left to only lose by 8. Last week UGA was dominating Vandy 27-0 at the half en route to a 48-3 win, the Commodores worst loss since ‘03. The Dawgs have scored 40 points in their first 4 games for the first time in school history led by QB Murray (273 ypg, 66%, 10-2) and the frosh RB combo of Gurley (406, 9.2) and Marshall (264, 6.3). Tied at 23 at the half with Akron, the Vols allowed UA to zip on down the field on their first 3Q poss before getting an int at the GL. Two poss later an Akron fumble return at the UA36 was overturned on replay as the Vols drove for a td. UT did have 33-18 FD and 633-344 yard edges as they scored the game’s final 17 points. QB Bray is avg 325 ypg (64%) with a 12-3 ratio. UT is off Akron with a bye on deck and UGA may be caught looking ahead to the all-important SC game on deck, keeping it closer than it should be although for the first time this season they will be at full strength as they get S Rambo and LB Ogletree back from suspension.
PHIL’S FORECAST: GEORGIA 31 TENNESSEE 21

He also predicted the Fla loss for us. :(

That's 1 persons opinion.

Nobody knows for a fact exactly what's going to happen beforehand.

That's why they play the games my friend.

Appy state had 0 chance against michigan but they won.

La-Monroe had 0 chance against alaBubba but they won.

We can list unlikely Wins forever but the only thing that matters is the score after the game is played.

Maybe the football will bounce UT's way the whole game and we'll shock the world which will be just fine with me.

VFL...GBO!!!

I predict the score will be UT 34 uga 31 with brodus kicking the game winner...

If we ever get into a kicking duel we are screwed. Nothing against Brodus but I don't want the chances of a victory on the shoulders of a walk on? kicker.

Too bad Palardy was a bust...

Thanks for that nugget of wisdom.

We can list unlikely Wins forever but the only thing that matters is the score after the game is played.

Maybe the football will bounce UT's way the whole game and we'll shock the world which will be just fine with me.

VFL...GBO!!!

For every big upset you show me, I'll show you 30 games where the favored team wins.

I don't think we would "shock the world" if we beat UGA. At least, I hope not. I think we have a decent shot, but I think when it comes down to it, UGA will win.... big.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe if Tennessee can keep it close , who knows... If Georgia runs out on them early, forget about it.

Phil is usually in the ball park..... We'll see... If he hits this, i might e-mail him and ask for some lotto numbers....

By the sounds of some posters on this and other threads we should be happy to play decently against them even with a loss.

I'm calling it BS. Accepting mediocrity is what got the program in the mess it has been and continues to be. Time to wear big boy pants as a team and a fan base.

Reactions: 3 people
That score sounds about right...I wont be too mad if we show improvement and are competitive.

^^^^WTH is goin on around here???!!! Are u kidding me , we have fallen so far as this ??? I will be very mad if we dont beat uga, its frekin UGA!!! Have we accepted that we are a 2nd tier program and thats ok? Makes me vomit

Reactions: 4 people

VFL...GBO!!!

Phil Steele isn't just one man, he's one f the best onthe business.

Only posting this on here because I don't think I have enough posts to start a thread:

Anyone got tickets for the Mississippi State game they're looking to sell?

Thanks

Sounds pretty generous to me, being only 10 points. Let's just hoped we don't get blown out by 20.

Phil Steele isn't just one man, he's one f the best onthe business.

He's a homer. He relies too much on history with his picks and doesn't do enough "today" analysis.

One reason I think the Vols have a better chance that folks are giving them credit for is the fact that UGA has it's biggest game of the year next week at South Carolina. With everyone saying this game is a lock, they will be looking ahead. Classic trap game. I just wish it was being played in K-town.

Last edited:
^^^^WTH is goin on around here???!!! Are u kidding me , we have fallen so far as this ??? I will be very mad if we dont beat uga, its frekin UGA!!! Have we accepted that we are a 2nd tier program and thats ok? Makes me vomit

lots more than two tears associated with this program...magic mushrooms and tequilla makes me vomit!!!

VN Store

Back