Peyton Manning to be honorary pace car driver for Daytona 500

I guess you have never watched Peyton play in a game that he had to win himself.

Worst clutch Qb I've ever seen play. So much talent so nervous in a game that counts.

He has done great things for Tennessee but his 4 years choking in games Tennessee needed him to win were awful.

Especially then getting to see Tee & Clausen after him. So much more exciting to watch, you didn't worry about them panicking when the game was on the line.

Please tell me you're joking?!?! You must be to young to remember the SEC title game or didn't watch. He lost a grand total of 6 game in college. Good god man that's an outstanding record and one we haven't sniffed in a four year span since. It's not always about comeback wins, which he had more of than any QB in history. But it's also about holding onto leads to win. Which he's done plenty of. You're just another poster to show your ignorance. Poor sap.

Manning averaged 35 points per game against Florida in his 3 starts. Scoring that many points would give Tennessee an 18-2 record against Florida in the last 20 games. So yeah, he did his part.

27 points (37, 29, & 20).

When you know your qb can't win the big game, what's the point in playing?

For a participation trophy?

Tee Martin was like 9-21 for 63 yards or something versus Florida in '98, but yeah he's a better QB than Peyton because we won the game. It had nothing to do with Al Wilson causing turnovers, Deon Grant's pick or Shawn Bryson going up the gut for a TD.

Math fail. Point still stands.

He looked awful in two of those three games. In his junior season, Vols scored 21 points against Florida's fourth string defense in the last 7 minutes. He folded up like a chaise lounge in the first half and then again his senior year in Gainesville when the Vols were favorites.

Clausen was much more clutch in big games in college than Manning

Reactions: 1 person
Tee Martin was like 9-21 for 63 yards or something versus Florida in '98, but yeah he's a better QB than Peyton because we won the game. It had nothing to do with Al Wilson causing turnovers, Deon Grant's pick or Shawn Bryson going up the gut for a TD.

That Deion Grant pick was an amazing play.

Tee just didn't panic.

Peyton is a great technical quarterback, probably the most fundamentally sound QB to ever play the game.

Brady will go down as the greatest though, because he made plays to win the game staying calm.

Just was always a choke artist in the clutch. His two super bowl wins were because of his defensive teammates. Both bad games by him. The spotlight was on him couldn't handle it.

He looked awful in two of those three games. In his junior season, Vols scored 21 points against Florida's fourth string defense in the last 7 minutes. He folded up like a chaise lounge in the first half and then again his senior year in Gainesville when the Vols were favorites.

Clausen was much more clutch in big games in college than Manning
The race is in Florida, I'm sure Peyton will find a way to choke in this one too.
Why does every Peyton thread turn into a yeah, but he couldn't beat UF thread? Him being a pace car driver has nothing to do with his ability to beat UF. He's a great ambassador for the University and is great for recruiting. Why do you feel the need to continually bash him?

Why does every Peyton thread turn into a yeah, but he couldn't beat UF thread? Him being a pace car driver has nothing to do with his ability to beat UF. He's a great ambassador for the University and is great for recruiting. Why do you feel the need to continually bash him?

Because Peyton Manning's ability to choke cost Tennessee at least 2 national championships.

No one player is above the team.

His 4 years Tennessee was the most talented team in the country. And when the team needed the qb to make a play in crunch time Peyton could not preform.

I was going to make a joke that Peyton would need a custom race helmet to fit that Herman Munster five-head, but decided it would be in poor taste.

Because Peyton Manning's ability to choke cost Tennessee at least 2 national championships.

No one player is above the team.

His 4 years Tennessee was the most talented team in the country. And when the team needed the qb to make a play in crunch time Peyton could not preform.

Hmm, no one player is above the team, yet you are singling out one player. That seems extremely contradictory.

Reactions: 3 people

I'm not bashing him. Stating facts. Some idiot claimed he did his part against Florida.

He's not that great an ambassador for the University. Since some truths came out about him, he's seen in a much different light outside of this state's yahoos. He's extremely lucky to have ever seen the field again after dropping his bare ass and sack in a woman's fact

I'm not bashing him. Stating facts. Some idiot claimed he did his part against Florida.

He's not that great an ambassador for the University. Since some truths came out about him, he's seen in a much different light outside of this state's yahoos. He's extremely lucky to have ever seen the field again after dropping his bare ass and sack in a woman's fact

So you’re siding with that lunatic and Shaun King’s(fake black guy) hit piece over Peyton Manning?

Reactions: 1 person
If there's nothing to what she said then there wouldn't have been any reason for the Manning's to compensate her, right?

She’s changed her story over and over. Many people have paid money to make a situation go away just because it’s good business. Jamie Naughrite or whatever the hell her name is, is a complete psycho. Go google her phone call to the radio show, she is bat **** crazy. She has no credibility whatsoever.

Reactions: 2 people
Peyton is also in the new movie about O.J. Simpson.

He plays the part of the slow, white Bronco.

If what you said was truthful and he's seen in a much different light outside of this state's yahoos, explain why he is still on numerous commercials including one during the Super Bowl. And why would he be driving the pace car? I don't think the facts line up with your assessment.

But hey, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

VN Store

Back