Per Twitter Tee Declines

Every tweet out there is repeated from TSR. Probably true but still consider the source. Has his plane even landed in LA? Did he tell someone from the airport?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't blame Tee in the slightest. From a strictly professional point of view, it would be viewed as a step down. Why would anyone - from a professional point of view - make a lateral move from USC to Tennessee?

Of course, if he wanted to "come home," that's a different story. But, it seems he didn't. At least not at the expense of his career.

If UT does well these next few years, I could see Mike Bajakian moving on to a HC gig somewhere. Maybe Tee would get a look for that job then. It might turn out even better. Give him a couple of more years to develop recruiting connections in SoCo.

Reactions: 8 people
It's a a business decision, yes. But after this, I hope Tennessee never offers Tee another coaching job. Doesn't deserve another chance to come back here. Have fun at USC, Tee. Don't come back.

Reactions: 57 people
If we had thrown enough $$$ at Tee, he would be here. It IS business. I'm so sick of coaches turning us down.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't blame Tee in the slightest. From a strictly professional point of view, it would be viewed as a step down. Why would anyone - from a professional point of view - make a lateral move from USC to Tennessee?

Of course, if he wanted to "come home," that's a different story. But, it seems he didn't. At least not at the expense of his career.

If UT does well these next few years, I could see Mike Bajakian moving on to a HC gig somewhere. Maybe Tee would get a look for that job then. It might turn out even better. Give him a couple of more years to develop recruiting connections in SoCo.

Great post. Agree 100%.

. . . Doesn't deserve another chance to come back here. . . .

Really? Just because he doesn't want to make a lateral career move to a less-prominent place? Professionally, he's making the right choice. If folks want to pout about it, that's fine, but he's making a sound decision.

If his career as a coach continues to develop and another opportunity pops up that makes sense for both sides, I would be delighted to have him. And, I think the Big Orange Nation would accept him with open arms.

Reactions: 6 people
It's a a business decision, yes. But after this, I hope Tennessee never offers Tee another coaching job. Doesn't deserve another chance to come back here. Have fun at USC, Tee. Don't come back.

How about you never come back to this board. Idiot.

Reactions: 22 people

VN Store

Back