Per ESPN Tennessee to make a run in the playoffs in 2018?

This ESPN article just proves what a lot of my fellow Tennessee Football Fans believe- We should win 8 or 9 Games next year or we have Underachieved once again- Tennessee deserves an Elite Program & 6 Wins is NEVER ACCEPTABLE- 9 WINS or BUST

so, why does Tennessee 'deserve' and Elite program?

so, why does Tennessee 'deserve' and Elite program?

We won't "deserve" an elite program until the work is put in to earn it 1st. CJP seems like a guy that knows the amount of work it takes as a football coach and as a player to earn elite status.

I believe the players over the past few years have misused their "free" time. There is only so many hours in the week that players can be coached(work time). There's more "free" time than work time. When so much of it is wasted, why expect greatness?

Reactions: 1 person
Holy crap. How things can change so quickly. A little over two years ago, we were favored to win the SEC east. We were the media darling. Had a potential Heisman candidate QB. Had Hunter Johnson and Tee Higgins committed to us and were favored to get Trevor Lawrence. We had a couple of top five recruiting classes. In 2016, we were 5-0 for the first time in I don't know how long.

So how the hell did we fall into the crapper so quickly? After being patient for 10 years, this is getting very old. I think I will stay off here till the fall.;)

Last edited:
Holy crap. How things can change so quickly. A little over two years ago, we were favored to win the SEC east. We were the media darling. Had a potential Heisman candidate QB. Had Hunter Johnson and Tee Higgins committed to us and were favored to get Trevor Lawrence. We had a couple of top five recruiting classes. In 2016, we were 5-0 for the first time in I don't know how long.

So how the hell did we fall into the crapper so quickly? After being patient for 10 years, this is getting very old. I think I will stay off here till the fall.;)

"What a turn of events."

Schemes and conservative game plans are the most to blame. Injuries didn't help and neither did player management.

Many think CJP we pick up where Butch left off, resulting in low expectations.

after losing a bunch of stars. Ga will be down this year---If UT can pull the upset, they can win the weak sec east.

after losing a bunch of stars. Ga will be down this year---If UT can pull the upset, they can win the weak sec east.

This is said virtually every year about Alabama. Never happens. Georgia is loaded. At the moment, its probably better to just put UGA in the same category as Bama, an automatic loss for us. The East isnt as weak as you think.

Reactions: 1 person
Completely unfair comparison. Saban was already a successful HC before arriving at Alabama. Pruitt is a first year HC. He should get a much longer rope than any of our previous head coaches.

Only mentioned Saban as a point of context, not as a direct comparison. And the context was to provide additional reasoning why Pruitt should be given rope/time to succeed here.

VN Store

Back