Pearl to NBA?

I doubt it. If anything, Ernie would just be forcing UT to pay Bruce more.
If Ernie were to try to convince him to leave, I'm not sure how I would take that.

I really don't see Pearl style of play working in the NBA. Not to mention, you really can't get on to NBA players like Pearl likes to do. He's a teacher, kinda hard to teach in the NBA.

I really don't see Pearl style of play working in the NBA. Not to mention, you really can't get on to NBA players like Pearl likes to do. He's a teacher, kinda hard to teach in the NBA.

agreed.

Pearl would be another Pitino in the NBA - Pearl's game is great for college athletes, but an NBA team would tear it up.

So that means, Pat Summit will be getting raise too then....

Sucks she gets a pay raise based on Pearl's accomplishments....

summit has been nearly unbeatable in women's basketball, and there has been times where her lady vols could have dominated the men

summit has been nearly unbeatable in women's basketball, and there has been times where her lady vols could have dominated the men

Then she should be compensated due to her accomplishments in Chick-Ball.

I don't get a raise at my job based on someone at another job getting a pay raise.
Neither should she.

The last half of your statement is ridiculous. I got my laugh in for the day.

We've finally got us a super basketball coach who has a used car salesman attitude that you can't help but like the guy. On top of that he can coach and win! Shite, we haven't had this good since the mid 70's when we became BIG ORANGE COUNTRY!

I HOPE THIS DOESN'T COME TO PASS ANYTIME SOON!

I don't see how Pearl going to the NBA has anything to do with Pat's salary

It has everything to do with it.
When Pearl was hired, Pat got a pretty large raise, even after coming off of a sub-par season by Lady Vol standards.
She was compensated based on Pearl getting a nice compensation package to come to Tenn.

All the Summitteers were crying foul that she should make just as much in a sport that doesn't even bring in half the revenue (i'm guessing on that one) that the Men's game does. She made money because of Bruce being good.

It has everything to do with it.
When Pearl was hired, Pat got a pretty large raise, even after coming off of a sub-par season by Lady Vol standards.
She was compensated based on Pearl getting a nice compensation package to come to Tenn.

All the Summitteers were crying foul that she should make just as much in a sport that doesn't even bring in half the revenue (i'm guessing on that one) that the Men's game does. She made money because of Bruce being good.

So Pearl leaves for the NBA and Pat gets a raise?

It doesn't work that way.

So Pearl leaves for the NBA and Pat gets a raise?

It doesn't work that way.

I doubt we will ever see if this really is true, , , , However, if Tenn compensates Bruce in order to retain him, then a different story.

So, no need in really discussing it further.....until that happens

I doubt we will ever see if this really is true, , , , However, if Tenn compensates Bruce in order to retain him, then a different story.

So, no need in really discussing it further.....until that happens

I don't think Tennessee will ever get in a bidding war with an NBA team

I don't think Tennessee will ever get in a bidding war with an NBA team

Thats why i stated if Tenn Compensates Bruce in order to retain him......Not if Tenn pays Bruce more than the NBA.

NBA could easily pay more....but the college game has perks the NBA cannot compete with... Its not always about the money....However, they may decide to increase pay as a additional perk for staying .....

The Lady Vols would struggle mightily against and probably lose to the champions of UT intramurals.

Please dont leave, Pearl! Then Saints fans will have to read about Fran to Tennessee... and any other D1 job that opens. :p

we get to hear this type of stuff each and every season all season long.

VN Store

Back