Parker won championship - "This is for Pat."

Amazing win Parker outplayed everyone last night. A fabulous performance for a player that wasn't good enough for the Olympic team. I love how she came to play and gave Geno and his Olympic smear a smackdown.

Reactions: 2 people
FOR PAT-----That's what a tearful Candace Parker said after the game. She had a double double with 28 points and 12 rebounds.Great job,Candace!!! LVFL!

freakin' awesome...not good enough for the Olympic team, huh...gotta believe Pat was smilin' down and so proud of Candace...:cray::salute:

GO LADY VOLS...EVERYWHERE!

Reactions: 1 person
FOR PAT-----That's what a tearful Candace Parker said after the game. She had a double double with 28 points and 12 rebounds.Great job,Candace!!! LVFL!

freakin' awesome...not good enough for the Olympic team, huh...gotta believe Pat was smilin' down and so proud of Candace...:cray::salute:

GO LADY VOLS...EVERYWHERE!

What an exciting game.. and for much of it an exciting series. Two wins by LA in less than a combined 6 seconds on the shot clock. A corner shot from defense minded Beard and a 3.7 second put back on a blocked shot by Ogwumike. Incredibly exciting. This game was an awesome barn burner. A lot of awesome moments by a lot of awesome players on both teams.

Hopefully, this great game will expand the fan base

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26GVWY1j6wo[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmEtyV9rKw[/youtube]

Congrats Candace!!!! Followed your career since you were a junior at Naperville Central HS (IL).

I had a feeling this year would be the one she finally got the title once she was left off the Olympic team. That's just how karma works. Maybe she just needed that extra bit of motivation and playing for Pat was key, too!

She embodies LV Basketball and deserves it!

Now, she should pack her bags and come back "HOME" to knoxvegas and help lead UT back to the top, and take over when Holly retires in 3 years or so. :)

I think she could master the "Stare"

Now, she should pack her bags and come back "HOME" to knoxvegas and help lead UT back to the top, and take over when Holly retires in 3 years or so. :)

I think she could master the "Stare"

I bet she wants is hungry for more ships now. :)

LA might be even better next year. They get Riquna Williams back from injury. She was injured all season but is a very good scorer from the guard position. Plus LA has the 4th pick in the draft that they got in a trade so they should be deeper.

This was posted on the boneyard I bet it don't stay long.

Last night, Candace Parker scored 28 points, and Nneka Ogwumike added 12, as the LA Sparks defeated Minnesota for the WNBA championship.

Neither Parker nor Ogwumike was selected to represent the United States on the Olympic basketball team. Parker was rumored to not be a team player. Yet she managed to lead her team to the WNBA championship.Ogwumike was voted the MVP of the league. So why were they left off of the Olympic team?

Yes, Team USA went undefeated, and blew through the opposition. But we have to question again why those two players were deemed not good enough for the Olympics. Ogwumike was voted MVP over Tina Charles, who was selected for the team. If Ogwumike was better than Charles in the WNBA (and let's keep in mind that the season was half over when the Olympics began), why was the decision made to leave her off?

What really happened? Why were both of those players left off the Olympic team?

Some might ask who should have been left off to make room for Parker and Ogwumike. The answer, it appears, would be Sylvia Fowles, who was outplayed by both in the championship series, and Tamika Catchings.

Should Coach Auriemma or the USOC explain why they made the choices they did? Seems as though those two players were so good, and their omission so glaring, that an explanation would be in order.

Reactions: 8 people
LVF4ever,you're probably right about that post not lasting long on the boneyard. And ,also,look out for the geeno sycophants to come out of the woodwork trying to rationalize what was done and try to lambast you. Great job,thanks for posting this.

Great post. I bet some of them are so furious it's ridiculous. LA won and the WNBA is not going to take back the trophy. Minnesota got calls all series long. How can Reaves fix her mouth to say Nneka is known to flop when that is all Whalen does is intentionally runs into defenders and throws her body around to get calls. Let's not act Moore doesn't put on a good acting job sometime either. For any Lady Vols fans that post on The Boneyard it is a lost cost. In their eyes Geno and Maya Moore are Idols. They really believe Geno didn't have not a single thing to do with Parker not being on the Olympic team. I guess Geno also didn't have anything to do with half of the 2012 team being former UConn players. I don't understand how some of their fans consider Parker arrogant and not a team player, but when Taurasi acts a complete fool leading the league in Technical fouls every year they want to get silent or say that's just Taurasi being Taurasi. I proud of Parker and glad she's a Tennessee Alumni. Yes, she was inconsistent some this season and yes I was frustrated with her play at time, but nobody can deny she's one of the top players in the world. At 6'4" the things she can do with the ball and the versatility is amazing to watch. You can paint the picture anyway you want, but this woman was disrespected by USA Basketball and the WNBA this season. Kudos to her because she handled it way better than I would of. Congrats to Parker and I hope you get ring #2 next season.

Reactions: 7 people
I pay no attention to the WNBA. Was Parker their best player? Were they expected to win it all?

I thought it was very interesting the Neka said in a post game interview with Holly that Candace is the most misunderstood player in the league. And to further that Agler said he's never worked with a player that has been more scrutinized than Candace. So perhaps all the "not a team player" talk is hearsay from haters.

I heard directly from a WNBA head coach (who I won't name) through a text conversation that Geno had A LOT of input in Candace not being on the Olympic team. It came down to Candace or Tamika because he lobbied very hard and ultimately won to have Stewart on the team.

People were way too hard on Candace IMO. That's a fact. Even superstars have bad games. Suggesting she be traded was a bit much for me, if I'm being honest.

This sight seems to have its share of fair weather friends. Holly and DD go through the same abuse as the team wins or loses. One game she is the worst coach ever while DD should be on the bench. The next game she is the greatest coach and DD will be the number one draft pick. I don't understand it.

This sight seems to have its share of fair weather friends. Holly and DD go through the same abuse as the team wins or loses. One game she is the worst coach ever while DD should be on the bench. The next game she is the greatest coach and DD will be the number one draft pick. I don't understand it.

Me either. I love my Lady Vos win or lose!!!

VN Store

Back