OWH's Topic That Will Never Die XXIII

Morning gang, got zero sleep last night so should be a fun day........And my little one's first day of preschool is today.

I get the feeling the longer this Ohio State stuff drags out the more likely Urban Crier keeps his job... I hope I'm wrong.

If tOSU retains Urban Meyer, it will be because he did perform his requisite duties as expected in 2015 and in releasing Smith. They may censure him in some fashion for lying at the B1G presser.

If something's amiss in the handling of Smith's continuing employment after the 2015 incident, it'll roll up higher than Urban Meyer.

I get the feeling the longer this Ohio State stuff drags out the more likely Urban Crier keeps his job... I hope I'm wrong.
Unfortunately I think so too. And what makes me sick is the narrative that I know is coming. After OSU wins the Big 10 again and makes the playoff, we'll get to hear over and over how Meyer had to "overcome so much adversity to get to this point". Makes me want to throw up!

Here's the thing... tOSU has had it's troubles atop the administrative ladder. Gee (he of "Little Sisters of the Poor" ignominy) embarrassed the university a number of times before being engineered out. They've had a shuffle at AD and football HC. As far as parallels to UT, the only thing they lack is the very public embarrassment of fumbling their coaching searches and hires. For whatever reasons, everybody wants to coach at tOSU, and, in the past decade, nobody wants to coach at Tennessee. That's behind us, now. Cronan-like stability is our future (hear me, Lord!).

Unfortunately I think so too. And what makes me sick is the narrative that I know is coming. After OSU wins the Big 10 again and makes the playoff, we'll get to hear over and over how Meyer had to "overcome so much adversity to get to this point". Makes me want to throw up!

Lord I hope not...I don't think I can deal with that.

Lord I hope not...I don't think I can deal with that.
Here's the thing... tOSU has had it's troubles atop the administrative ladder. Gee (he of "Little Sisters of the Poor" ignominy) embarrassed the university a number of times before being engineered out. They've had a shuffle at AD and football HC. As far as parallels to UT, the only thing they lack is the very public embarrassment of fumbling their coaching searches and hires. For whatever reasons, everybody wants to coach at tOSU, and, in the past decade, nobody wants to coach at Tennessee. That's behind us, now. Cronan-like stability is our future (hear me, Lord!).

I believe!

Getting my hair all prettied up.
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back