OWH's Topic That Will Never Die XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been prepping my turkey since Sunday night.

Brine Sunday night. Removed from brine Monday night, dry and let rest in the fridge. Put the rub on it mid day yesterday (dry rub in the cavity, wet rub on the outside and under the skin). Put it in the smoker today for about 9hrs.

It's really too much work for just a turkey, that's why I throw, in several other meats at the same time. This turkey is really for us. We'll take some to both locations to let everyone taste it though.

Most of it will be gone by tomorrow night.

I got most of my Christmas lights up yesterday.

Attachments

• 20141125_182600.jpg
    20141125_182600.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 3
We are closing at 2! Woot! At least allows me to get the car packed and loaded to be ready to go when Kevin gets off.

Thanks, I'm a kid when it comes to Christmas lights!

We don't have any for the new house. I think we will just go with the wreath and flag this year and wait til after Christmas to get all the lights or décor we want to use. Now the inside, I'm good to go! Still need to figure out where to put the snow village.

One more day. I can do it. One more day.

The WOD tomorrow is called Turkey Day Massacre. :thud:
5 rounds of:
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats
Then, 4 rounds of:
8 handstand push-ups
15 kettlebell swings 53/35
Then, 3 rounds of:
15 box jumps 24/20
15 knees-to-elbows
Then, 2 rounds of:
20 wall-balls 20/14
30 sit-ups

I think it's awesome your into Crossfit! What took you so long, and what got you into doing Crossfit? I'm planning on getting my Rt shoulder fixed hopefully around February. Hope to get back into it ASAP!

I think it's awesome your into Crossfit! What took you so long, and what got you into doing Crossfit? I'm planning on getting my Rt shoulder fixed hopefully around February. Hope to get back into it ASAP!

The chick that does my hair is the one that talked me into trying it. I've spent a small fortune on fitness stuff in my loft (treadmill, videos, dumbbells, bands, etc) but everything I used to do was light weight, high reps. And I was so diligent about getting up at 5am and going up and working out. Then the shoulder thing happened (bone spur that I didn't know I had was slowly chewing up stuff until one move during a push-up completely debilitated me.) After I had surgery and was good to go, I couldn't make myself go. My boys kind of kept me accountable because they knew Mom got up every morning and worked out. But they had moved out by then, lol. Signing into class the night before (I go to a 5am class) keeps me accountable.

It's good to see Tex back around!!! :) Don't be such a stranger!

The chick that does my hair is the one that talked me into trying it. I've spent a small fortune on fitness stuff in my loft (treadmill, videos, dumbbells, bands, etc) but everything I used to do was light weight, high reps. And I was so diligent about getting up at 5am and going up and working out. Then the shoulder thing happened (bone spur that I didn't know I had was slowly chewing up stuff until one move during a push-up completely debilitated me.) After I had surgery and was good to go, I couldn't make myself go. My boys kind of kept me accountable because they knew Mom got up every morning and worked out. But they had moved out by then, lol. Signing into class the night before (I go to a 5am class) keeps me accountable.

It's good to see Tex back around!!! :) Don't be such a stranger!

Awesome, big change from treadmill and dumbells, huh? It's addicting, or at least I think it is, I can't wait to get back at it. I even bought a Rogue Crossfit package to put in my garage. My shoulder is so bad I can't do any lifting at all now, so I'm forced to get it fixed. Hope you stick with it, you'll be amazed what your body can do after a while. Plus, your hubby is gonna be beating the guys off you with a stick with that new body you'll have. Lulz

Good to be back around, only if it is periodically. I'll peak in from time to time.

Awesome, big change from treadmill and dumbells, huh? It's addicting, or at least I think it is, I can't wait to get back at it. I even bought a Rogue Crossfit package to put in my garage. My shoulder is so bad I can't do any lifting at all now, so I'm forced to get it fixed. Hope you stick with it, you'll be amazed what your body can do after a while. Plus, your hubby is gonna be beating the guys off you with a stick with that new body you'll have. Lulz

Good to be back around, only if it is periodically. I'll peak in from time to time.

The hardest part for me is not knowing what my limit is, especially as far as weight. My past shoulder issues get in my head, and make me second guess myself. The coaches are great about trying to help me push myself though, without doing anything that's gonna get me hurt.

And you're right. It's a BIG difference from the light weight stuff. I love it! Going Friday morning at 5am. :)

What did you do to your shoulder? Rotator cuff or what?

The hardest part for me is not knowing what my limit is, especially as far as weight. My past shoulder issues get in my head, and make me second guess myself. The coaches are great about trying to help me push myself though, without doing anything that's gonna get me hurt.

And you're right. It's a BIG difference from the light weight stuff. I love it! Going Friday morning at 5am. :)

What did you do to your shoulder? Rotator cuff or what?

I'll give you one really good piece of unsolicited advise. If or when you start losing form or technique when lifting, STOP!

I have what is called PASTA, it stands for partial articular supraspinatus tendon avulsion and a type III impingement. Sucks!

Wanted to stop by and say happy thanksgiving to all of my topic friends.

Second, I have been super busy at work. Taking over the manager position and trying to improve business has taken up pretty much all my volnation time.

Third, jhen I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. It's never easy losing a loved one. Glad to see you are back posting.

I am hoping to be able to get back to posting some more soon. Things are getting close to running smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back