OWH's Topic That Will Never Die XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they are constantly losing money, no customers, and their best employees leave. Are you about to look for another job?

When they are constantly losing money, no customers, and their best employees leave. Are you about to look for another job?

Well we are losing customers, our top tech that has been with the company for 23 years put in his notice the other day, and the boss still doesn't see that what he is doing is running things into the ground.

As far as looking for another job, I probably should but I really like the position I am in and most of the people I work with. I am trying to decide if I should stick it out because I don't think this boss will be here much longer or if I should find somewhere else to work and pretty much start all over.

Last edited:
Is this boss, the owner?

No. He is a guy that was in Atlanta as a service manager and has been with us for about eight months now. He thinks that Chattanooga is like Atlanta and he is charging way too much. We are not competitive to the area and it's running people off.

The "raise" I recieved two months ago to turning out to not be a raise because it's commission based and the more he runs business off the less money I make.

No. He is a guy that was in Atlanta as a service manager and has been with us for about eight months now. He thinks that Chattanooga is like Atlanta and he is charging way too much. We are not competitive to the area and it's running people off.

The "raise" I recieved two months ago to turning out to not be a raise because it's commission based and the more he runs business off the less money I make.

That stinks and puts you in an awkward position.

if Poke = Polk then yes :p

I was reminded several times it was gator country and to hide my UT gear. They might be in for a surprise

There are quite a few VN posters from Polk County. It's not that bad here... I almost always get a "go vols" from someone when I wear a UT shirt to Publix.

then he clearly, see what his impact is, and the owners are seeing it too

That's just it. I don't think they are seeing it. I think they are thinking it's something to do with the employees that work here. I don't know. It's just mind blowing to me.

The only thing that has changed from this year to last year is the service manager and he new way of pricing repairs.

A lot of companies are like our Gov't. They don't try to prevent a disaster, they wait till it happens before they react. Hope it gets better quick.

Thanks jhen. Me too.

On top of all the business being run off the office can't even get my commission check right.

Afternoon folks. Tried that BBQ place over in East Ridge, The Hickory Pit, that got rated number 5 in the country according to trip adviser. Pretty good food. The set up is tiny and the flow from ordering to service is a nightmare.

Hubby just texted me. Wind blew the umbrella on the deck and broke the glass table. Shattered glass all over the deck and the yard. How the heck am I gonna clean that up out of the yard? Dammit.

Hubby just texted me. Wind blew the umbrella on the deck and broke the glass table. Shattered glass all over the deck and the yard. How the heck am I gonna clean that up out of the yard? Dammit.

Just run over it with the lawnmower. That always ends well.

My oldest son helped me clean it up. We got the big pieces by hand, and used the shop vac on the rest. Gonna hope the rain washes the rest of it away tonight. :)

That stinks and puts you in an awkward position.

I would send the owner an email. Hi Mr. X. Just an observation. Is it possible that we are losing customers because our pricing is higher than our competition. it seems like we are pricing at New York City, Boston, or Atlanta levels and our competition is pricing like it is Chattanooga.

You can either do it anonymously or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back