oversigning punishments

SmokeyHound

what happens if we do? do we just get fined or penalized or what? does the sec punish us or the ncaa? who would we drop if this is such a big deal? and this is dumb i remember ole miss signing like fourty a couple years ago. or maybe last year... i dont know but thanks guys im just wondering

what happens if we do? do we just get fined or penalized or what? does the sec punish us or the ncaa? who would we drop if this is such a big deal? and this is dumb i remember ole miss signing like fourty a couple years ago. or maybe last year... i dont know but thanks guys im just wondering

over signing is not the issue. we could sign 34 counting the 6 early entries and sign collect 28 more tomorrow. the issue is that only 26, the 6 early entry players and 20 that sign tomorrrow can be enrolled in August. SO any over that number have to be nonqualifiers or have some agree to gray shirt. gray shirts won't happen because these kids can get offers for D-1 ships.

so anything over 26 that qualifies we likely have to release or end up with sanctions of some sort

Just Bizness dude, and Dooley learned from the best.

Last edited:
This is why we have a lawyer for a coach... To get around stuff like this
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Looks like there might be a couple who don't qualify which would help.[/QUOTE]

Depends on who it is that wouldn't qualify. It won't help if it's a DT BM AJ or LD among others
Posted via VolNation Mobile

HEAD COUNT: Oku's departure likely sets up Vols to fall short of 85 scholarship players in 2011 | Gribble's Scribbles | GoVolsXtra.com

According to this, anything above 26 also puts us at the 85 limit. We are at 26 now. Looks like there might be a couple who don't qualify which would help.

There are players on scholarship that wouldn't be if UT had a full roster. Some current players will get taken off scholarship, cut, or 'released' to transfer.

The 25 man limit is the one to watch.

Someone won't qualify. Probably 2. That's the average. 3 is always possible for not qualifying - that's the number from last year I think.

VN Store

Back