Over on CockyTalk fan boards...

We did get lucky. Easily could have been called. I think Thompson did us a favor by crying for a late hit every time we got a shot in on him.
The refs had let it go in the end zone previously; there was one play you could see the UT receiver's jersey being pulled out by the SC defender...no call. Oh well, it happens. As we well know.
Say what you want about throwing down the QB, I personally think it should have been flagged, no doubt O'Brien should have been. BUT, did you notice SC's 76 and a something 5 after the Barnett/O'Brien play? They both should have been flagged; then off setting penalties, same result as the no call. Of course in SC's defense, if the flag had been thrown, maybe they would not have gone in like they did, and if, if, if.......

The refs had let it go in the end zone previously; there was one play you could see the UT receiver's jersey being pulled out by the SC defender...no call. Oh well, it happens. As we well know.
Say what you want about throwing down the QB, I personally think it should have been flagged, no doubt O'Brien should have been. BUT, did you notice SC's 76 and a something 5 after the Barnett/O'Brien play? They both should have been flagged; then off setting penalties, same result as the no call. Of course in SC's defense, if the flag had been thrown, maybe they would not have gone in like they did, and if, if, if.......
Yep. Two separate drives, two no-calls on clear PI. It's a touchdown in each case if the defender isn't holding or shoving the WR while the ball is in the air.

Attachments

• SC-Holding.jpg
    SC-Holding.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 3
  • SC-PI.jpg
    SC-PI.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 person

a win is a win, no matter how ugly.

but i'm proud of our boys.

VN Store

Back