Outlast (PS4) (Free for PS Plus subscribers)

Strangely, I was able to get around it by accessing the PSN via the PlayStation App on my iPhone. I was able to kick off the download to my PS4 from there.

So is anyone else having problems getting to the PSN store after applying the latest update? I did the update and now every time I go to the PSN Store it saying it's not available in my country/region. I signed out of PSN and back in, signed out and restarted the PS4 and signed back in, and it's still saying it.

I also did a quick google and apparently a lot of people are reporting this issue.

I had one issue after the system update but then it let me into the psn store.

So is anyone else having problems getting to the PSN store after applying the latest update? I did the update and now every time I go to the PSN Store it saying it's not available in my country/region. I signed out of PSN and back in, signed out and restarted the PS4 and signed back in, and it's still saying it.

I also did a quick google and apparently a lot of people are reporting this issue.

I've been having the same problem.

strange... another way to download it would be to look in the "What's New" feed below your main menu. They should have it posted there as Feb's free game download.

It took a while but it downloaded last night, I played the game about 20 minutes. So far it's pretty awesome.

On atmosphere alone, this game gets a 10 from me! I haven't played a video game that has made me jump this much since some of the early Silent Hills! It's just creepy!

this game is thoroughly effed up. Most disturbing video game I've ever played.

I think what I like and am encouraged by the most about Outlast is that it gives us a glimpse of just where developers could take the survival horror genre this generation. Outlast isn't a perfect game and with a few minor tweaks it could have been fantastic! However I can see the real potential with these kinds of games. I have very high hopes for Alien: Isolation. Hopefully it takes this blue print and expands on it and makes it even better. Here are some things I would have liked to have seen with Outlast...

1.) At least some sort of melee option would have been nice. I'm glad developers didn't arm your character with guns to let you mow down enemies but there were times I would have liked the ability to defend myself besides running and hiding. A board, a folding chair, a fire extinguisher, a pipe. SOMETHING would have been nice.

2.) I would have liked to have seen a little more "open world" ness to this game. When you come right down to it, this game pretty much puts you on a path that you cannot deviate from. It's hard not follow the exact path the game intends you to be on.

3.) I don't care for the supernatural aspects of this game. That always feels like such a cop out to me when it comes to horror.

4.) The visuals are very "Clive Barker"-esque and after a while seeing so many decapitated, mutilated, and disembowled bodies, the shock value wears off. They should have toned that down as it loses it's impact after a while.

5.) I wish they would have made the docotor a little less ghoulish. They should have just made him an ordinary looking guy.

Last edited:
I don't know about melee weapons, but I agree that it would have added a little more depth to be able to defend yourself in some indirect ways;like being able to shove weaker enemies away or set traps to neutralize threats. Part of what makes this game so terrifying is the fact that you cannot fight back.

This game is definitely on rails;feels like a trip through a haunted house. Would love to see this idea expanded to an open world format, with each new time you play it is setup differently. There are parts of the game in which I could tell that no danger was eminent and once you learn the ai you know how to game the system.

Reactions: 1 person
With smarter ai that never stops pursuing you, sets ambushes, and toys with the player(attacking the retreating to hide and attack again), a game like this could easily give someone a heart attack. They were close to horror perfection

I don't know about melee weapons, but I agree that it would have added a little more depth to be able to defend yourself in some indirect ways;like being able to shove weaker enemies away or set traps to neutralize threats. Part of what makes this game so terrifying is the fact that you cannot fight back.

I would love for Capcom to do a Resident Evil reboot in this sort of fashion! A journey through the classic Racoon City haunted mansion would be kick ass if it were presented this way.

I would love for Capcom to do a Resident Evil reboot in this sort of fashion! A journey through the classic Racoon City haunted mansion would be kick ass if it were presented this way.

This. I hope the RE developers are taking notes. The Silent HIll developers too.

Though I wouldn't want either to be first person.

Just got to the prison cells part. It gets considerably less creepy when you make it past the initial mansion. But man this game is well done.

Ill be purchasing the add on sometime this afternoon. Also getting the show but ill give my opinion of the whistleblower DLC once I have an opinon.

VN Store

Back