Outdoor stores near Knoxville

barknoxbrawler

I know of Smokey Mountain Knife works, Buds guns, Gander in west Knox..... But any of the wall outdoor type stores? Guns, camping, hunting, fishing, etc. I'm heading up tomorrow night (for O&W game of course) from middle Tennessee and was wanting to do some outdoor equipment type shopping. Any ideas? Thanks!

REI. It's like a SAMs. You have to pay to join. But they have camping stuff and the such.

River Sports, Blue Ridge Mountain Sports, Uncle Lem's. What exactly are you looking for and I can guide you a little more clearly?

Dicks. The store, not posters. There is a Dick's Sporting Goods at the southeast area of the Cedar Bluff exit in west Knoxville. Academy is around the corner too. REI is at the Papermill exit. Just go west on Papermill Road almost all the way to the highway 11-70 (Kingston Pike) intersection. About a mile and a half or so from the I-40 ramps.

REI. It's like a SAMs. You have to pay to join. But they have camping stuff and the such.

Sam's is owned by Walmart. REI is a not-for-profit organization that is owned by their customers. Sam's is going to raise their membership fee if they think they can and not drive away customers. REI will actually send a rebate to their members if they have a surplus.

Last I checked, REI didn't carry any guns or hunting items. They had stuff for camping, biking, and skiing though.

Academy Sports carries a little more variety than REI.

Sam's is owned by Walmart. REI is a not-for-profit organization that is owned by their customers. Sam's is going to raise their membership fee if they think they can and not drive away customers. REI will actually send a rebate to their members if they have a surplus.

I know all that. All I'm saying is you have to join to be a member. you can't walk in and just buy something like at bass pro or gander mountain. just warning him before he would try it out.

Tell me more about Lems. I know about the mainstream stores- rei , academy, dicks, gander and bass pro.

Kingston Pike across from Franklin Square, not far from pellisippi parkway. A lot of clothing (Patagonia, Prana, North Face, etc), good shoe and hat selection, camping and hiking gear, kayaking. Good people own it and work there... I like to give them as much business as I can.

VN Store

Back