OT: your favorite concert memory from Thompson Boling, neyland stadium or stokely

Wow... I bet that was ridiculous.

It was. The opening act was a black kid that was the most amazing harmonica player I had ever seen. He also was blind. Took me a minute to realize it was Stevie Wonder. :)

No hats tour in 93. Tennessee just beat florida in pouring rain. Travis Tritt came out in a #21 Vols jersey. TB was loud. Very loud!!!

The Police Synchronicity Tour, November 5, 1983 at Stokely. It was a big deal, because it was supposed to be their last tour ever (they reunited about 25 years later). I missed class and camped-out all night to get tickets. I was a big fan and it was a great show. The Fixx was the opening act and they were great, too.

I worked security for that concert. Post was dead center in the front of the stage. Best $10 bucks I ever made.

I worked security at a lot of concerts in TBA in 93 and 94. I sat facing the crowd at the Vince Gill/Mary Chapin Carpenter concert. MCC was singing a song, pointed at me. Hopped off the stage in my lap and fake kissed me. I was so embarrassed. Vince came out and asked the crowd if they enjoyed MCC. He looked at me and said "I know this young man did". Wild!!

Kenny Chesney concert Neyland Statium. June 2003. Rained all day.

George Jones's last concert at Knoxville Coliseum. Turned out to be his last ever concert.

Michael Jackson and The Jacksons in Neyland. I went to the Saturday night concert. I believe there were 3 total.

Michael Jackson and The Jacksons in Neyland. I went to the Saturday night concert. I believe there were 3 total.

Apparently Michael didn't stay in Knoxville during the shows, but instead opted to fly in. Now the Jackson brothers stayed at the Marriott I believe, but as I understand it they displayed a lot of diva behavior too lol

VN Store

Back