Ot WNBA FINALS starts Sunday (today)

L A Sparks disrespected our country and our flag. Their actions hurt the women's game. Pat would never condone a lack of respect for our country, our flag, and our veterans. Nor would she ever do anything to hurt the women's game.

I was so looking forward to this series. I don't even want to watch anymore. DISGUSTED.

Reactions: 5 people
Did anyone else see Maya Moore bull right into CP3 after she blew the layup?!? Where was that baseline official looking? Justice served because there were two Lynx players and if they had gotten the ball it would have been a for sure two points (Carson missed two free throws ��). Sort of fitting she didn’t get the foul called on her but the travel to end the game was made by her... Well done sparks well done!

Yes and of course we ALL saw it. No call. :crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
L A Sparks disrespected our country and our flag. Their actions hurt the women's game. Pat would never condone a lack of respect for our country, our flag, and our veterans. Nor would she ever do anything to hurt the women's game.

I was so looking forward to this series. I don't even want to watch anymore. DISGUSTED.

I had this discussion with my Uncle who is a veteran and served in Vietnam... I totally get not disrespecting the flag or those who defend our country! It’s sad! It is also sad that THIS has had to happen to get attention on such an important issue. I stand for the national anthem because I love this country and am truly thankful for every freedom I’m provided. But as an African American I am also very nervous.

However not to get off on a political rant and I won’t let that overshadow the awesome game played and the fact a travel ended the game! Wooohooo!!!

Reactions: 3 people

Your post is disrespectful and hurtful.

The Sparks won and LVFL Candace Parker was a BIG part of their win.

GOLadyVols and GOSPARKS!:)

Reactions: 5 people
Was Gray this good at Duke? I don't remember her playing like this.

I don't remember her that much either at Duke.

I do know that she was injury prone during her college career. But I just do not recall her being so aggressive with the ball.

All I know is she's A GAMER NOW!

And I'm a Big Fan of hers.

GOCHELSEA GRAY!:)

I won't watch the rest of this series if they continue the disrespect of the flag. Sorry I watched it before I found out about the Sparks sitting on their asses in the locker room.
:(

Reactions: 8 people
This game was FIRE!!!!

SO happy! Almost lost it at the end. Figuratively and literally. The Lynx mounted an awesome comeback with the help from the referees but it wasn't enough.

Too bad. Too sad.

I LOVED THAT MAYA HAD THE BALL and TRAVELED.

Game over.

Sparks win.

Chelsea Grey POG.

YES!!! GOSPARKS!

Parker was totally taken out of the game by the officiating after a hot start. My favorite was the one where Maya run into Parker and was thrown backwards by mystical forces and a foul called on Candace 😐. At least they swallowed their whistle when Candace swatted the ball and most of a Lynx guard to the floor after a no call on the other end.

Overall, the refs were letting the Lynx play mug ball, especially Perkins, Whalen and Montgomery. Hope LA brings their MMA gear for game 2.

Well don't watch!

Reactions: 11 people
Just because LA took a stand against injustice doesn't mean they don't respect this country. Do you see the injustice and treatment that minorities get often more than seldom? You have unarmed black men constantly getting killed by police officers like their lives are nothing while the polices go home to their family with no punishment. The mother have to go bury her son who 9 times out of 10 was stereotyped and killed. There wasn't a big outrage when you had the event in Charlottesville VA and people were proud to be racist and prejudice, but someone doesn't participate in the National Anthem is an outrage. I don't understand.

Reactions: 13 people
Just because LA took a stand against injustice doesn't mean they don't respect this country. Do you see the injustice and treatment that minorities get often more than seldom? You have unarmed black men constantly getting killed by police officers like their lives are nothing while the polices go home to their family with no punishment. The mother have to go bury her son who 9 times out of 10 was stereotyped and killed. There wasn't a big outrage when you had the event in Charlottesville VA and people were proud to be racist and prejudice, but someone doesn't participate in the National Anthem is an outrage. I don't understand.
+100000000 some just won't get it. Mostly older Caucasian people.

If we're going to turn this into a political thread, it might as well get deleted. Go to the political forum if you want to discuss this issue.

Anyhow, great game! Chelsea showed up for LA! I really want Neka and Candace to take it more at Fowles as the series goes on, but If Chelsea and Sims continue to play like they did today, I can see LA continuing to be more perimeter oriented during this series.

Reactions: 9 people
I mean no one is forcing any of you to watch it's your choice and if anyone chooses to take a stand for what they believe in it is their choice to do so. As you're disappointed in the Sparks i hope you're equally disappointed in all the actions of American's president's. now he wants to talk about respect when has he ever shown any of that to anybody? i have absolutely no respect for him and i will continue to disrespect him the same way he did Obama and everybody else.

anyways! i'm so glad the sparks held on and won cause of the clutch play of Gray i wish i was able to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people

If we're going to turn this into a political thread, it might as well get deleted. Go to the political forum if you want to discuss this issue.

Anyhow, great game! Chelsea showed up for LA! I really want Neka and Candace to take it more at Fowles as the series goes on, but If Chelsea and Sims continue to play like they did today, I can see LA continuing to be more perimeter oriented during this series.

I thought it was a great game!

And I stand with Freedom of Speech....

Reactions: 7 people

Sports on nearly all levels are now intertwined with POLITICS. The PLAYERS have chosen to do it.

Sports was once a refuge from politics and the other distasteful aspects of life, but not anymore.

Dont watch

How about Nnekas shot over Fowles our stretched arms (she also hit her on the for arm could have been an and one)!

How about Nnekas shot over Fowles our stretched arms (she also hit her on the for arm could have been an and one)!

Omg that was an epic shot as well. The refs were horrible when it came to calling fouls on the Lynx....especially in the 2nd half. That should have been an And1!

At the end of the game when Maya missed that layup and Candace collected the rebound, Maya threw Candace to the damn floor and no call?!?!?! Those should have been the free throws to put the Sparks up by 2 or 3 and more than likely we wouldn't have been so anxious down 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Parker was totally taken out of the game by the officiating after a hot start. My favorite was the one where Maya run into Parker and was thrown backwards by mystical forces and a foul called on Candace ��. At least they swallowed their whistle when Candace swatted the ball and most of a Lynx guard to the floor after a no call on the other end.

Overall, the refs were letting the Lynx play mug ball, especially Perkins, Whalen and Montgomery. Hope LA brings their MMA gear for game 2.

The game was brutal. The Lynx ran roughshod over the Sparks during their monumental run to take the lead.

That screen by Fowles landed Sims to the floor. That had to hurt.

Candace is bruised up most certainly but I know she's happy to survive and advance.

A hard fought win for sure.

I seriously hope that game dashes Minnesota's dream. They are just not good enough against Candace Parker and her Sparks.

And I'll take Chelsea Gray over Maya Moore any day of the week.

Sports on nearly all levels are now intertwined with POLITICS. The PLAYERS have chosen to do it.

Sports was once a refuge from politics and the other distasteful aspects of life, but not anymore.
Yes those days when the darker athletes just sucked it up, or went to jail, had their Olympic medals stripped and heavy weight titles taken away were so much better for us lighter skin fans, who sit on our butts while the Anthem is played on tv. Just happy my sheets are ready for the burning.

parker best player world wth what she does that no1 else can.you see those 3 very pretty assists she started game wth.she effects the game so many ways.damn that was great game n course like sparks take in 6 games.

Reactions: 4 people

Thank you for this post. Also, where did the idea that kneeling "disrespects" the flag and all it stands for. Critiques of this action are quick to point to those who died for our freedoms but one of those freedoms is the right to protest perceived injustices. Colin Kaepernick and other athletes are not protesting the flag per se but calling attention to what they believe to be enduring racial inequities. They are saying that America is not living up to its ideals.

Last edited:

Really? You might google on Jack Johnson, Jackie Robinson (nothing at all "distasteful" about segregation eh?), Curt Flood. Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Billie Jean King, Tommie Smith, John Carlos, to name a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back