Oregon to target Pearl?

Look at what happened to Memphis. When Kentucky got Calapari they really bought Memphis recruiting class.

If i not mistaken,all of next years recruits are signed.the Vols would have to let them out of their commitments to follow the coach if he left....

Exactly. When you've got recruits making decisions based on shoe deals these days, it shouldn't be hard to get talent to THE Nike school.

Mark Few has turned down better jobs than Oregon, though, so I kind of doubt he'll be coming to Eugene. If I'm a Ducks fan, I'm very interested in the possibility of getting PJ Carlesimo. It's got every element UofO is looking for in their new coach; proven track record on the college level, solid experience in the Association, big name.

The fact he thinks Stanford, Cal, and Arizona State are better jobs pretty much turns his credibility into a pinata.

Even still, move them up a couple spots, and it's middle of the road Pac10. I think they would need to offer Pearl a pretty good raise to lure him into a situation like that.

I dont think Bruce is going anywhere. Might another raise out of it. But he isnt leaving.

If Bruce gets another raise without at least getting to the Sweet 16 this year, then you'll see many fans begin to turn against him.

Exactly. When you've got recruits making decisions based on shoe deals these days, it shouldn't be hard to get talent to THE Nike school.

Mark Few has turned down better jobs than Oregon, though, so I kind of doubt he'll be coming to Eugene. If I'm a Ducks fan, I'm very interested in the possibility of getting PJ Carlesimo. It's got every element UofO is looking for in their new coach; proven track record on the college level, solid experience in the Association, big name.

Make sure to keep Latrell Sprewell off campus.

Even still, move them up a couple spots, and it's middle of the road Pac10. I think they would need to offer Pearl a pretty good raise to lure him into a situation like that.

They very well might.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Given that Oregon has a roster full of young, talented knuckleheads who need to be kicked in the ass, P.J. would be perfect for that job right now.

Given that Oregon has a roster full of young, talented knuckleheads who need to be kicked in the ass, P.J. would be perfect for that job right now.

Perfect for that job or several others.

I don't think he would want to take another rebuilding program, after building this program to where he's got a young, talented team returning at Tennessee. It's a lateral move IMO.

So if Bruce were to leave, who would we go after? It seems like a bad hire could literally just bring everything down.

He isn't going to Oregon, I can't imagine they would throw enough money at him to make him even consider it...I know they have Phil Knight, so what?

He has a good thing going here and he knows it. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he tried to lobby for a raise.

So if Bruce were to leave, who would we go after? It seems like a bad hire could literally just bring everything down.

At this point UT fans expectations are such that Mike Hamilton would be forced to go after a big name, which means a lot of money.

I don't think that we could lure a big name coach away from a program that is better than ours, we don't have that much money.

Chances are we would end up with another " up and coming " coach.

None of this matters since Bruce won't be leaving for some time.

Why is there a new thread everyday about CBP leaving? Everytime a coach gets fired everyone thinks that Pearl is going to leave. When will people realize that Pearl is a good coach?

I think hamilton has proven his lack of concern for "fan" input when it comes to making hires. Now if he could just hold onto that check book of his....

Why is there a new thread everyday about CBP leaving? Everytime a coach gets fired everyone thinks that Pearl is going to leave. When will people realize that Pearl is a good coach?

What does being a good coach have anything to do with Pearl leaving?

Hatvol I have question for you. I know you always do your postgame report and you talk about 10 things. Can you tell me 10 reasons why CBP is such a bad coach? (since you are his number one hater.)

So its down to Iowa & Oregon? Has there been no other coach fired since Kent got the axe? Surely he has to have more options than this. We need another Pearl to Yada U thread.

Hatvol I have question for you. I know you always do your postgame report and you talk about 10 things. Can you tell me 10 reasons why CBP is such a bad coach? (since you are his number one hater.)
Find where I've said he's "such a bad coach" and I'll consider it. I'm amazed that lack of worship is now considered brutal criticism.

VN Store

Back