Oregon St RB Damien Martinez

If I remember correctly they have to decide by the 30th… looks like it’s us, Kentucky, miss state, Arizona and Miami.
This would be big for us. Much like the RB Mizzou picked up last year. Speaking of which, I wonder who they replaced that kid with.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Well, you went negative really quickly. Ever stop and think the coaches know what they're doing?
I was slightly joking. I would never wish Tennessee to go 8-4. I do think it is a lot to assume the back isn’t coming here because we aren’t interested. My understanding is Tennessee wasn’t willing to pay him enough to leave Oregon St. where he had performed really well and knows the offense, etc. Could be career sabotage to risk running behind another back his last year in college, especially for crumbs, when he could go somewhere else and get paid substantially more.

Seems like I have had this conversation before, but I can’t remember with or about who.

As far as our coaches go. Hard to say. I like year 2, but that’s about it. Have they ever won a championship? That said, I’ve never coached a team to a championship, so your point is well taken.

We shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
So word is he visits April 21-22…(or maybe not now..)

Obviously he’s been a proven back- how do you see him fitting in with Sampson- and does this ruffle feathers with the young backs?

I guess these days only this year matters- so I say go get him.
Since Sampson can't block, and Seldon is just average back at this point; I could care less if it ruffles some feathers.

In Hayes Faucet’s defense, they’re usually right because the players ask for graphics from them all the time. He did and so they announced. So i would imagine he reached out for the graphic then UT said no thanks.

We have our starting RB. Do we need another guy to come in be depth…yeah. But we aren’t desperate for a RB. We were never going to pay him 400k+ 🤣
I think they wouldn’t mind adding a guy but you’ve got Bishop, Keith and Sampson ready to go. Heupel said Seldom would be back by start of season, heck give it an extra 4-6 weeks as a cushion. You’ve got a good room already, probably would like one more guy that healthy to help in case of injury etc but adding another rb that’s going to need to get carries to an already talented RB room could cause issues.

I think they wouldn’t mind adding a guy but you’ve got Bishop, Keith and Sampson ready to go. Heupel said Seldom would be back by start of season, heck give it an extra 4-6 weeks as a cushion. You’ve got a good room already, probably would like one more guy that healthy to help in case of injury etc but adding another rb that’s going to need to get carries to an already talented RB room could cause issues.
How do we know that’s a good room outside of Sampson?

I’m not saying it isn’t at all. Just curious.

I was slightly joking. I would never wish Tennessee to go 8-4. I do think it is a lot to assume the back isn’t coming here because we aren’t interested. My understanding is Tennessee wasn’t willing to pay him enough to leave Oregon St. where he had performed really well and knows the offense, etc. Could be career sabotage to risk running behind another back his last year in college, especially for crumbs, when he could go somewhere else and get paid substantially more.

Seems like I have had this conversation before, but I can’t remember with or about who.

As far as our coaches go. Hard to say. I like year 2, but that’s about it. Have they ever won a championship? That said, I’ve never coached a team to a championship, so your point is well taken.

We shall see.
Do you know how many coaches have a championship in the SEC now? Either NC or SEC?

One. Smart.

heck, even if you expand it out to SEC divisional titles you get:
Kelly

it doesn't get impressive if you expand it to other conferences:
Kiffin (C-USA once)
Heupel (AAC once)
Drinkiwitz (Sun Belt once)
Napier (Sun Belt once)
Sarkisian (Big 12 once)

I am pretty sure thats it.

VN Store

Back