Oregon players, post-Rose Bowl taunt/chant Winston allegations:

1) It was classless.

2) FSU fans upset by this make me laugh so hard I want to throw up because of the irony of them being upset at another team's classless players. Please, FSU players have a lock on that title this year.

3) Unfortunately, this distracts form the real problem. Winston is going to get sued and so perhaps, when forced to testify under oath and with all that scrutiny, we will get a better sense of what occurred as between he and the girl. But that is not, and really has not been the main issue. Its not whether he did it, its how FSU and TPD reacted to the accusation so as to protect another FSU football player, that should be the focus.

Let's not lose sight of the institutional problem here. And let's not lose sight of the manner in which that problem has manifested itself with several other players there this yea,r not just Jameis.

Having said, that, I find the reports that he might stay for another year intriguing. Every FSU fan I speak to wants the guy out of there. They worry that he'll do something else dumb, and be even more of a lightning rod for negative pub about the program. Again, that is beside the point. Winston is not the real issue -- its FSU and TPD protecting players.

On the other hand, while FSU fans are worried hie might do something dumb, I'm not worried.... because I KNOW he will.
Id love to watch Winstin testify under oath. I bet it would be like watching that old grizzled miner from Blazing Saddles.

"Wells I says I tell the truf. But we higher dan tha truf. I axe truf are we higher than truf and truf aint got nutin to say. We jus gotta play FSU foosball dats it." "Oh rape? I love rapes, but only the ones witout seeds."

No means noooooooooo. Oregon was just trying to end "rape culture" and used ESPN as their medium to express their pro feminist views. No biggy.

1) It was classless.

2) FSU fans upset by this make me laugh so hard I want to throw up because of the irony of them being upset at another team's classless players. Please, FSU players have a lock on that title this year.

3) Unfortunately, this distracts form the real problem. Winston is going to get sued and so perhaps, when forced to testify under oath and with all that scrutiny, we will get a better sense of what occurred as between he and the girl. But that is not, and really has not been the main issue. Its not whether he did it, its how FSU and TPD reacted to the accusation so as to protect another FSU football player, that should be the focus.

Let's not lose sight of the institutional problem here. And let's not lose sight of the manner in which that problem has manifested itself with several other players there this yea,r not just Jameis.

Having said, that, I find the reports that he might stay for another year intriguing. Every FSU fan I speak to wants the guy out of there. They worry that he'll do something else dumb, and be even more of a lightning rod for negative pub about the program. Again, that is beside the point. Winston is not the real issue -- its FSU and TPD protecting players.

On the other hand, while FSU fans are worried hie might do something dumb, I'm not worried.... because I KNOW he will.

Very true.
AJ sat, Treon sat, Jameis never missed a snap.

VN Store

Back