Opening Lines

Find it interesting that we're only favored by 1.5 over Arky given that homefield is typically worth 3 points. Doubt this'll mean anything to those who think Arky blows. I think it tends to validate the opinion held by many that beating the Razorbacks will be very difficult.

Reactions: 4 people
Seems legit to me.

But why didn't VolRumorMill post the lines on UGa, Bama, USCe, or Mizzou? Those would be equally interesting to see. In fact, the UGa line might be the most interesting of all, given that they're going to be highly ranked, but have to come to our house....

JP, did you ever hear this guy on the radio in your younger days?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzM-Azz3Aoc[/youtube]

UGa, imo, by 4. Based solely on my data.

Reactions: 2 people
JP, did you ever hear this guy on the radio in your younger days?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzM-Azz3Aoc[/youtube]

UGa, imo, by 4. Based solely on my data.

WOW! Man, Malinois, that is a huge blast from the past. Yes, I definitely remember listening to that fellow call the lines on games each week. Very distinctive voice, and fun delivery. Thanks for sharing that!

Ok, I could dig that line for UGa. I'm thinking maybe we're within a touchdown (and usually within 3-4 points) on every one of these six: Okla, FL, Arky, UGa, USCe, & Mizzou. Only 'Bama might be more than a touchdown favorite over us. And we should be better than a touchdown favorite over the other 5 games, I think.

That match up to what you're seeing?

Come to think of it, Malinois, I bet a lot of VolNation's older members remember Leonard's Losers each week!

Reactions: 3 people
WOW! Man, Malinois, that is a huge blast from the past. Yes, I definitely remember listening to that fellow call the lines on games each week. Very distinctive voice, and fun delivery. Thanks for sharing that!

Ok, I could dig that line for UGa. I'm thinking maybe we're within a touchdown (and usually within 3-4 points) on every one of these six: Okla, FL, Arky, UGa, USCe, & Mizzou. Only 'Bama might be more than a touchdown favorite over us. And we should be better than a touchdown favorite over the other 5 games, I think.

That match up to what you're seeing?
Pretty much. I've got us over arky and USCe by 15 each, but losing to misery by 3. Granted I'm working off two years data and probably not enough. But I use the same formula that I used during the Fulmer years and had a good prediction record, with quite a few right on the money.

Come to think of it, Malinois, I bet a lot of VolNation's older members remember Leonard's Losers each week!
I've never heard anyone else prognosticate any better, as far as entertainment goes, imo.

Pretty much. I've got us over arky and USCe by 15 each, but losing to misery by 3. Granted I'm working off two years data and probably not enough. But I use the same formula that I used during the Fulmer years and had a good prediction record, with quite a few right on the money.

Awesome, thanks for the insights. Just...I hope you're wrong about Mizzou. :thumbsup:

I'm actuallly very surprised at the OU line.

Oddsshark has LSU as 25/1 odds to win it all and UT at 50/1. Just predicting those 2 and to me that's ridiculous. Ill be surprised if thr Tigers win 9 games.

I'm actuallly very surprised at the OU line.

Oddsshark has LSU as 25/1 odds to win it all and UT at 50/1. Just predicting those 2 and to me that's ridiculous. Ill be surprised if thr Tigers win 9 games.

I think the Auburn game will be a coming out party for the 2015 LSU Tigers. I think they have a legit shot at winning 10 games in the regular season this year.

Find it interesting that we're only favored by 1.5 over Arky given that homefield is typically worth 3 points. Doubt this'll mean anything to those who think Arky blows. I think it tends to validate the opinion held by many that beating the Razorbacks will be very difficult.
Arky sucks. Will be a massacre

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back