Open Letter To The Nation

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
Guys,

Maybe it's just me and my narrow-minded thinking, but it seems to me that the quality of this board has been somewhat reduced since the end of football season. Not only has the coherency of some of the posts been less than stellar, but spamming, flaming and on-board rivalries between fellow Vol fans has detracted from the finest board on the internet. I have dealt with more reported posts in the last two weeks than I ever have as a mod. All I'm asking is for you to make the job of ALL of us mods easy. Get along, y'all, and do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If someone on the board has an OPINION that you disagree with, accept it as just a necessary evil on an internet message board and don't stoop to calling people gay, or cussing them out. EVERY poster on this board is a VALUED member of a wonderful Vol-related community. Let's save our antagonism for Steve Spurrier and Geno Auriemma. THEY deserve it. I love y'all and this post is as much to ME as anybody else on the board. If I am out of line, Freak, GAVol, and Stormy will deal with me. Trust me on that one.

GO VOLS!!!

Thanks LIO. This board has taken over an entirely different personality in the past 6 weeks.

Oh, a smidgen of cussing folks out, a tad of directing folks to virus-infected websites, a little bit of name-calling and the like. I blame the NCAA for ending football season before spring practice starts.

B)

Originally posted by RockyTop08@Feb 13, 2005 5:03 PM
hey when do i get to have a personal photo cause when i go to it it says i have no control

Go to My Controls, then Avatar Settings on the index on your left, then you can do that. It can be hosted or displayed.

good thread. lady in orange.

who is doing spamming? that is unneccessary.

and i will admit that i am guilty of some silly feuds, but some folks on here are kinda of clueless when it comes to certain things. just my opinion.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Feb 13, 2005 7:09 PM

and i will admit that i am guilty of some silly feuds, but some folks on here are kinda of clueless when it comes to certain things. just my opinion.

As long as we all remember that most of what is posted on here IS personal opinion, (except for AllVol's stats and Freak's news stuff) and respect the opinions of others, whether we agree with them or not, everything will be great.

Except for Stormy's breath, which needs a MAJOR overhaul.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Feb 13, 2005 7:09 PM
EVERY poster on this board is a VALUED member of a wonderful Vol-related community.

GO VOLS!!!

And a great community it is! Thanks LIO. :bow:

It's probably because I haven't been posting much (at all, actually) since football season ended, and when my beloved Jets broke my heart again. It's all my fault, I'll take the blame. :p That being said, I'll post more often and am looking forward to next year's UT football season!!! In the mean time, everybody needs to jump on the 'CUSE bandwagon as we head into March Madness! :good:

Originally posted by SyracuseVol@Feb 13, 2005 10:41 PM
It's probably because I haven't been posting much (at all, actually) since football season ended, and when my beloved Jets broke my heart again. It's all my fault, I'll take the blame. :p That being said, I'll post more often and am looking forward to next year's UT football season!!! In the mean time, everybody needs to jump on the 'CUSE bandwagon as we head into March Madness! :good:

CUSE. :bad:

go tar heels :bow:

Well said LIO :clap:!!! Even though I have not seen it and im logged in all the time :question: but it should not be going on! Come on now we are all vol fans here! No more Bickering! And I hope who ever was spamming yall deleted his account how lame :moon2: probably some bama fan!

LIO,
Thanks for the reminder!!! I am new to the board but do enjoy very much the comments of everyone about our VOLS!! I get info that I would not get otherwise and I do enjoy having it to read all hours of the day and night!!!

Good request. I'm glad someone of forum authority addressed the issue. Opinions, fine. Ignorant opinons are OK too, since most of us are ignorant of our ignorance. Would be nice if we had a way to flow newbies through a myriad of dead horse topics so that we won't have to endure the resurgence of bash threads.

Well said LIO. :clap:

I read this board all the time but post rarely. I currently live in Razorback country and watch most of the games with one other Vol fan, two Razorback fans and one Bammer. We have a great time with friendly rivalry and heated discussions during and after the games. But we don't HATE each other.

Go Big Orange!

VN Store

Back