Only two teams I trust to win 6 in a row and NCAA tourney…

Uconn just wears out opponents, even if the Huskies aren't playing well. No reason why they shouldn't cut the nets down again. Great players, fantastic coach

I really hope UCONN/Auburn happens. Looking at KenPom and Torvik, that’s a National Title level game that would take place in the sweet 16.
I am shocked Auburn isn’t a 3 seed. Pretty evident they deserved it.

The NCAA probably still hates Pearl and Auburn isn't a blue blood. Conference tournament results only matter when they want them to matter.
Conference tourney results rarely ever matter significantly unless it’s a team winning that wouldn’t have otherwise gotten an at large. And the people selecting seeds have nothing to do with punishments

The NCAA probably still hates Pearl and Auburn isn't a blue blood. Conference tournament results only matter when they want them to matter.
All the metrics say Auburn is more of a 2 seed also. They have been highly ranked in those metrics the entire season. I just thought it was a head scratcher to place them as a 4 seed whenever everything points to them being one of the best teams in the country.

All the metrics say Auburn is more of a 2 seed also. They have been highly ranked in those metrics the entire season. I just thought it was a head scratcher to place them as a 4 seed whenever everything points to them being one of the best teams in the country.
The narrative seems to be that they didn't have many Q1 wins, and their SECT win didn't help them because 1) conference tournament results supposedly don't matter much and 2) they didn't beat any upper crust SEC teams on their way to that win because they had already lost. I still think they are much better than a 4 though.

Reactions: VolPack22
Conference tourney results rarely ever matter significantly unless it’s a team winning that wouldn’t have otherwise gotten an at large. And the people selecting seeds have nothing to do with punishments
It's a bunch of ADs and conference commissioners, who do remember things.

It's a bunch of ADs and conference commissioners, who do remember things.
They remember. They don’t care. Two vastly different things. They’ve never shied from praising Cal or Pitino. Houston had a legit shot at number one overall with a repeat offender as their HC.

They remember. They don’t care. Two vastly different things. They’ve never shied from praising Cal or Pitino. Houston had a legit shot at number one overall with a repeat offender as their HC.
That's because Houston's strength was undeniable. They were the most dominant team in the best conference in the country. They aren't going to do something as obvious as taking a clear #1 seed and making them a #2 or #3. I do think there are certain programs they give benefits of the doubt to and ones the don't give benefits of the doubt to, but at the margins.

UVA was on the bubble and probably shouldn't be in the tournament, but they won a title a few years ago and come from a conference with a reputation as a great basketball conference (even though it clearly wasn't this year and honestly probably hasn't been for the last several years), so they let them in. Personally, I think Cal has gotten some interesting draws at UK over the years, and they were massively under-seeded as an 8 in 2014 when they made it to the national title game. Interesting you mentioned Pitino...St John's might be the biggest single snub from this tournament in a number of years.

VN Store

Back