one thing that has struck me with all these opening games...

I was struck by how many games were in 3rd party venues. I may be alone but it gets on my nerves. Just play at one of the team's fields. I guess that gets them out of a home-and-home series. That might have something to do with empty stadiums. Bigger venues that are a longer journey and more expensive trip.

Reactions: Volatility
I was struck by how many games were in 3rd party venues. I may be alone but it gets on my nerves. Just play at one of the team's fields. I guess that gets them out of a home-and-home series. That might have something to do with empty stadiums. Bigger venues that are a longer journey and more expensive trip.

I guess "big" schools don't want a home-n-home because they don't want to lose a home game every other year. Going to be that every OOC game vs a power 5 will be a neutral site game. sad, but true.

Like you said, it's hard to travel to the neutral site games. One reason I hate the idea of expanding the CFP. If your team makes it to the Championship game, it's 4 "road" games in a row....counting Conf Champ. game.

I guess "big" schools don't want a home-n-home because they don't want to lose a home game every other year. Going to be that every OOC game vs a power 5 will be a neutral site game. sad, but true.

Like you said, it's hard to travel to the neutral site games. One reason I hate the idea of expanding the CFP. If your team makes it to the Championship game, it's 4 "road" games in a row....counting Conf Champ. game.

If they expand the playoffs they would pretty much have to have the first round be hosted by the higher seed.

Fwiw, the Notre Dame vs Michigan game got a 5.84 overnight rating. That's the highest rated college football game in 12 years.

I get that as a fan of a team, but as a fan of college football living in a city rather than a college town, it is fun to go see football easier, so I appreciate the game at the Belk bowl, went last year too.

For us, if that game had been in Knoxville or Mogantown, it would have been a packed house.

Fwiw, the Notre Dame vs Michigan game got a 5.84 overnight rating. That's the highest rated college football game in 12 years.

I think it was the highest rated ND game on NBC in 12 years, not the highest rated college football game in 12 years.

I think this is the real reason prices keep increasing, is to make up for the lost revenue of real attendance (snacks, souvenirs, etc). It will probably only worsen. Of course winning cures all, and the very top teams will have decent attendance, but they can’t maintain their current profit without raising prices.

I don’t know that we’ll sell out the Florida game. I know that’s grim, but our fanbase is just tired. Tired of paying to watch us lose. Could be a 90K crowd, especially if Florida is heavily favored.

I don’t know that we’ll sell out the Florida game. I know that’s grim, but our fanbase is just tired. Tired of paying to watch us lose. Could be a 90K crowd, especially if Florida is heavily favored.
It'll be sold out. If not us, Florida fans will dnatch up the rest of the tickets

I think now that EVERY game can be watched on tv or your phone/tablet it will continue to hurt attendance. Regardless of the sport with the exception of a few teams you will see a LOT of empty seats for games/events. In this I can just watch it on my phone or DVR it world people just don't wanna put up with the hassles of the driving and the $$

The home viewing experience keeps getting better and better, and so do alternative entertainment options. I believe attendance is down in all 3 major American sports that are played in large stadiums (NFL, MLB, CFB).

The home viewing experience keeps getting better and better, and so do alternative entertainment options. I believe attendance is down in all 3 major American sports that are played in large stadiums (NFL, MLB, CFB).

I think I read the NBA was the only major league that had increase in attendance. I know NASCAR's attendance has dropped significantly. MLS is probably going up but that expected considering it's still considered a pretty young league comparatively.

Football has peaked and is starting it's decline. No other way around it.

I agree. In about 15-20 years, I’d say only robots will play football.
The more serious injuries are blamed on the sport, schools won’t be able to get insurance.

There is something to be said about being there in person. However, most people would rather watch on there high def tv, with food and restrooms close by. The downfall to the TV is the media bias. Sometimes it's better to turn the volume way down or off. I gave my ticket back in 2016. I do not regret that decision, more time for me to hunt as well.

There is something to be said about being there in person. However, most people would rather watch on there high def tv, with food and restrooms close by. The downfall to the TV is the media bias. Sometimes it's better to turn the volume way down or off. I gave my ticket back in 2016. I do not regret that decision, more time for me to hunt as well.
To me being at the stadium always beats watching the game on TV:cool:

VN Store

Back