Ole Miss self imposes post season ban

What a crock of ****. Bama had players getting cars suits and flaunting handfuls of cash and nothing. Ole Miss does the same thing and suddenly they're anathema.

Reactions: 5 people
What a crock of ****. Bama had players getting cars suits and flaunting handfuls of cash and nothing. Ole Miss does the same thing and suddenly they're anathema.

Ole Miss was handing out ridiculous amounts of money, yet UT still got Richmond

Glass houses, doofus.

It's a little scary since we held them off/stole Kongbo and Richmond from them.

Well, per Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports the NCAA is alleging that an Ole Miss staffer put a highly touted recruit in contact with 2 boosters that paid this recruit between $13,000 and $15,600... and this recruit did not sign with Ole Miss. Feldman does not specify who the recruit was or who he signed with but it would make sense that it was a recruit who had at one time been committed to them.

Well, per Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports the NCAA is alleging that an Ole Miss staffer put a highly touted recruit in contact with 2 boosters that paid this recruit between $13,000 and $15,600... and this recruit did not sign with Ole Miss. Feldman does not specify who the recruit was or who he signed with but it would make sense that it was a recruit who had at one time been committed to them.

The NCAA offered immunity to several current players. Some were at MSU and Auburn, might have been a few others. The word is this particular situation was Leo Lewis from State.

Yup everyone cheats, but Ole Miss was **** at it

Their problem was signing a top 5 class immediately after hiring some random dude who'd been coaching in high school 2 years prior, and then letting that idiot act sanctimonious at the smallest suggestion of impropriety.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
The NCAA tried to get Ole Miss/Hugh Freeze in the heartwarming tale of screwing the NCAA over (The Blind Side). I guess the NCAA finally got them. I guess that's what beating Bama in back to back years does when you are cheating like Hugh Fre-sus.

So dumb

Reactions: 1 person

The NCAA levied seven new Level I violations, including the lack of institutional control and the head coach responsibility failure against Freeze. One of those charges, one that Ole Miss said it still needs to investigate, accused a booster of arranging a payment of $13,000-15,000 to then-prospect/current Mississippi State linebacker Leo Lewis. We’ll get to the obvious implications of that in a bit, but that charge alone is damning stuff.

Ole Miss is disputing allegations that former prospects (we’re pretty sure including Lewis and Mississippi State teammate Kobe Jones) received $2,800 in benefits from an Oxford establishment (Rebel Rags) and an allegation that a prospect received meals from an Oxford restaurant valued at between $200 and $600.

Shortly after the New Year, we at RebelGrove.com heard Lewis, armed with immunity from the NCAA, had sung about his recruiting. Jones talked, too, as did former Ole Miss offensive lineman Austin Golson, who recently completed his career at Auburn.

Link

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds and feels a lot like our black cloud. They self impose then lingers...ncaa counters with stronger penalties including institutional control...OM appeals and maybe gets institutional control reduced...all over another year of black cloud affecting recruiting, and if OM has another off year, they may cut bait, and the OM run is over and back into the abyss...waiting for another manning to come along.

NCAA giving Coach Freeze the cold shoulder?

Well this should limit Coach Freeze's influence on our prized state recruits.

I would imagine that MissST, LSU and the Sabanites will have more recruiting pull in Mississippi as well.

If Ole Miss gets put on probation, then their players are immediately eligible to transfer. Of course that is down the line but who knows, we might score a good CB and some WRs.

It was Leo Lewis, a MLB, and he signed with Miss St which I think is pretty funny. It does beg the question though, if Ole Miss offered that then how much did Miss St out bid them by?

It was Leo Lewis, a MLB, and he signed with Miss St which I think is pretty funny. It does beg the question though, if Ole Miss offered that then how much did Miss St out bid them by?

Maybe he wanted to go to MS State the whole time and just played Ole Miss for the money.

If Ole Miss gets put on probation, then their players are immediately eligible to transfer. Of course that is down the line but who knows, we might score a good CB and some WRs.

It would be unlikely for that one to be coupled with just probation. Those usually come with a heavier level ban (for example, USC's 2-year postseason ban and loss of 30 scholarships...which was already on top of two years of wins, trophies, and a national championship being given up).

Last edited:

I known it is a novel concept, but maybe Lewis is honest. And he had a HS coach that really gives a damn about him and advised him to cooperate with investigators. Crazy idea maybe, but the fact he is still playing leads me to believe MSU didn't outbid. Makes more sense than his name being out there, yet he still got paid.

I known it is a novel concept, but maybe Lewis is honest. And he had a HS coach that really gives a damn about him and advised him to cooperate with investigators. Crazy idea maybe, but the fact he is still playing leads me to believe MSU didn't outbid. Makes more sense than his name being out there, yet he still got paid.

The NCAA's letter says he got paid. He simply signed elsewhere. He's playing because he was offered immunity in exchange for rolling on OM.

I hope he signed w us. That's a smart kid right there. What are they gonna do ... turn you in if you sign elsewhere? LOL

VN Store

Back