Ole Miss Role Call

Whenever he is asked about why the offense stinks his reply is "players gotta play", shooters have to make the shots", and such. It's never ownership of the problem, it's the players fault we can't break 40 points in a game.

How is that not true? He calls the play, it runs perfectly, but the guard passes the ball too hard through the forward's hands. That's not on the coach. The play works, the guard is open and misses the shot. That's not on the coach in the middle of the game. You want him to stop the action, walk out on the floor and shoot the ball for his players?

Whenever he is asked about why the offense stinks his reply is "players gotta play", shooters have to make the shots", and such. It's never ownership of the problem, it's the players fault we can't break 40 points in a game.

If you noticed, when the players actually decided to move in his motion offense, they've scored a lot more. It is amazing how players doing what they're supposed to do yields better results.

How is that not true? He calls the play, it runs perfectly, but the guard passes the ball too hard through the forward's hands. That's not on the coach. The play works, the guard is open and misses the shot. That's not on the coach in the middle of the game. You want him to stop the action, walk out on the floor and shoot the ball for his players?

I've pulled the numbers a few times, but the haters don't wanna look at them.

If skylar was shooting 40% from 3 like he was supposed to be, and we shot say 70% from the line like we should, we'd be averaging 70+PPG and our offense would look much better.

Neither of those things are the staffs fault IMO...they're getting skylar open looks he just can't throw the ball in the ocean. We draw stuff up that gets guys to the line (cough stokes cough cough) but brick them.

I disagree. Cuonzo doesn't throw his players under the bus. He's never said those things you quoted in that context.

Reactions: 1 person
I am guessing CCM would love to be able to shoot the ball for some of them. I was actually at the Sweet 16 game in Knoxville in 1994 when Cuonzo hit eight 3 pointers and Big Dog Robinson went for 44. Big Dog's performance seems more memorable, but it was fun to watch. That Regional Final was incredible- Kansas, Purdue, Duke with Grant Hill, and Marquette.

If you noticed, when the players actually decided to move in his motion offense, they've scored a lot more. It is amazing how players doing what they're supposed to do yields better results.

This team has never played anything that would be considered a motion offense.

Big let down to lose like we did tonight. No offensive identity what so ever.

VN Store

Back