Old white man shoots pregnant black woman intruder (he's going to jail)

This implies acknowledging that lying to avoid prosecution is a sin as well as advising someone to lie to avoid prosecution as well as saying one should have lied to avoid prosecution.

Thus, calling out said person for advocating something that is unjust, especially from a Christian perspective, is absolutely legitimate.

It is legitimate. And I don't think posting a joke (which that was) is all that sinful. But I'll apologize for not making it more clear that it was a joke. Since I now know that Mercy hangs on my every word, I'll try to be more responsible with whatever power I hold here.

Mercy,

For future reference, it may play better for your initial response to be something along the order of:

"Were you serious? That seems out of character for you."

As opposed to:

"Hypocrite. I'm not surprised at all."

(See the difference?)

For the record. It was a joke. I was trying to be "cute". Obviously it failed.

Reactions: 1 person
OC is a well known Christian on here, but I have yet to see him push his beliefs on anyone else. So when you say "advocate" I'm not sure it really applies. He will debate and go back and forth, but I have yet to see a "you're going straight to hell because you don't believe" post from him. In fact, when it comes to religious matters he's probably the most well spoken person that posts on here and generally gives a rational response to questions that come up. Of course he is accused of being irrational because of his beliefs, but that's a matter of perspective.

He can very well defend himself, but he's not the overzealous type that shoves religion up your behind from what I've seen.

That was a very gracious post, GV. :hi:

It is legitimate. And I don't think posting a joke (which that was) is all that sinful. But I'll apologize for not making it more clear that it was a joke. Since I now know that Mercy hangs on my every word, I'll try to be more responsible with whatever power I hold here.

Mercy,

For future reference, it may play better for your initial response to be something along the order of:

"Were you serious? That seems out of character for you."

As opposed to:

"Hypocrite. I'm not surprised at all."

(See the difference?)

For the record. It was a joke. I was trying to be "cute". Obviously it failed.

You should leave the joking to the posters who specialize in that sort of thing. Take LG, for instance, nothing he posts can be taken seriously.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back