Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon charged with misdemeanor count of an act resulting in gross inj

99.87% of the population would have caught a felony charge from this. I guess being a rb for Oklahoma has its privileges.....what a joke.

Reactions: 1 person
statement from OU
BvWWmU_IYAIzRE7.png

OU seems to have responded decently in this one. He's suspended for the year.

Yeah, but he's still on scholarship and will have four years of eligibility. It's essentially the same thing as a redshirt except that he can't practice with the team. Other teams such as Auburn would have suspended him for one game and been done with it so I'm not being critical but it's not a harsh punishment either for striking a female.

Yeah, but he's still on scholarship and will have four years of eligibility. It's essentially the same thing as a redshirt except that he can't practice with the team. Other teams such as Auburn would have suspended him for one game and been done with it so I'm not being critical but it's not a harsh punishment either for striking a female.

How's a yr long suspension not harsh? I love how everyone says nothing calls for hitting a female when most have probably never been in the situation to know how they'd truly react. I personally have never hit one and don't plan on it but never say never. His situation didn't warrant his response but I have little sympathy for the victim; you can't go around slapping folks cause you don't like something they say and not expect retaliation at some point.

Reactions: 2 people
How's a yr long suspension not harsh? I love how everyone says nothing calls for hitting a female when most have probably never been in the situation to know how they'd truly react. I personally have never hit one and don't plan on it but never say never. His situation didn't warrant his response but I have little sympathy for the victim; you can't go around slapping folks cause you don't like something they say and not expect retaliation at some point.

I agree. If you want to hit a boy, expect to get hit by that boy. She deserved her injuries. You're not suppose to hit women, but what was Mixon suppose to do? Get assaulted by a woman?

I agree. If you want to hit a boy, expect to get hit by that boy. She deserved her injuries. You're not suppose to hit women, but what was Mixon suppose to do? Get assaulted by a woman?

You have issues.

All he had to do was restrain her. Pretty sure he could have done so.

Reactions: 3 people

Joe Mixon is a college football player who should be able to handle being slapped by a girl...He should have walked away from her as quickly as possible if she did indeed initiate the physical altercation which is in dispute. If it was necessary for him to be physical with her in order to defend himself then he should have restrained her without resorting to a punch in the face. The District Attorney's office seems to be in accord with him handling this situation poorly and I stand by comment that this is relatively light punishment for what he did. He does not lose a year of eligibility and is still on scholarship.

This is pathetic. She deserved her injuries? Wow. Yeah I am sure that woman would really have broken Mixon's face right?

This is pathetic. She deserved her injuries? Wow. Yeah I am sure that woman would really have broken Mixon's face right?

Would it be any different if it was a man who was her size? She risked her health going after Mixon, and she paid the price for hitting him. I'm not saying he should of hit her, but she deserved the reaction. It's a double standard in history, but if you provoke somebody, they will react. Nobody is immune from Punishment.

You have issues.

All he had to do was restrain her. Pretty sure he could have done so.

What if she put his nose into his brain while getting restrained? She could of ended up with a broken arm or leg if Mixon restrained her, in which Mixon would be still in trouble.

It's a no win situtation for Mixon. Also, Chivary is dead.

What if she put his nose into his brain while getting restrained? She could of ended up with a broken arm or leg if Mixon restrained her, in which Mixon would be still in trouble.

It's a no win situtation for Mixon. Also, Chivary is dead.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. Mixon is 6'2 215 lbs. An attempt to hold her arms down was much less likely to cause injury to her and trouble for himself than punching her in the face. Public altercations such as this don't usually last very long until other parties intervene and separate the people involved.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. Mixon is 6'2 215 lbs. An attempt to hold her arms down was much less likely to cause injury to her and trouble for himself than punching her in the face. Public altercations such as this don't usually last very long until other parties intervene and separate the people involved.

You'd be surprised at the fighting ability of some women. Not all women are pretty little princesses. Restraining her would be the right move, but I don't blame him for wacking her in this scenario. I also think he should be suspended, but a half season suspension would of made me happy.

It doesn't take much force to hurt a 215 lb man. It's all about precision and location at that point. It takes only five pounds of pressure to break a collarbone.

Would it be any different if it was a man who was her size? She risked her health going after Mixon, and she paid the price for hitting him. I'm not saying he should of hit her, but she deserved the reaction. It's a double standard in history, but if you provoke somebody, they will react. Nobody is immune from Punishment.

Yes it would have been different if it was a man. The fact that you would even postulate such an idea is beyond pathetic. Mixon was 100% unequivocally in the wrong for hitting her. He could have restrained her. Instead he acted like a punk b!tch. Mixon is a pathetic piece of trash just like Ray Rice. You should feel proud of yourself by saying the victim deserved what she got. Good God man.

Yes it would have been different if it was a man. The fact that you would even postulate such an idea is beyond pathetic. Mixon was 100% unequivocally in the wrong for hitting her. He could have restrained her. Instead he acted like a punk b!tch. Mixon is a pathetic piece of trash just like Ray Rice. You should feel proud of yourself by saying the victim deserved what she got. Good God man.

Yes, Mixon is a piece of crap, but if you mess with a huge football player, expect to get hit. Wrong or right, you'll probably get hit. She's not the victim; she instigated it. There is no victim as they both did wrong. Mixon could of acted like a man, and not hit her. While the woman should of acted not like a crazy ***** and go after Mixon.

I hope she learned the lesson of a lifetime. Football players hit hard. Obviously her parents didn't teach her that men hit hard.

It's not the 1950's anymore, and women are our equals these days. They have to have responsibility for their actions. You can't be beating up football players and not have any consequence.

Last edited:
Yes, Mixon is a piece of crap, but if you mess with a huge football player, expect to get hit. Wrong or right, you'll probably get hit. She's not the victim; she instigated it. There is no victim as they both did wrong. Mixon could of acted like a man, and not hit her. While the woman should of acted not like a crazy ***** and go after Mixon.

I hope she learned the lesson of a lifetime. Football players hit hard. Obviously her parents didn't teach her that men hit hard.

It's not the 1950's anymore, and women are our equals these days. They have to have responsibility for their actions. You can't be beating up football players and not have any consequence.

lol, burger just stop.. no way no how...your toughness is leading you to be a dumbazz..wait..I dont think your toughness has anything to do with it...yes ...you do have issues..you do.

Some really weird comments in this thread. From the detective's report that I read, he used a derogatory slur towards one of her friends. She took exception to it. They argued. He lunged at her with his right hand clenched in a fist. She slapped him. He punched her in the face causing extensive injury. I'll be curious to see the end result of this case as he definitely has some problems he needs to deal with.

Some really weird comments in this thread. From the detective's report that I read, he used a derogatory slur towards one of her friends. She took exception to it. They argued. He lunged at her with his right hand clenched in a fist. She slapped him. He punched her in the face causing extensive injury. I'll be curious to see the end result of this case as he definitely has some problems he needs to deal with.
She should have just walked away.

VN Store

Back