Okay, list the positives of Coach Holly Warlick

Very good point but Alabama made the choice to look for a coach many times before they found Saban. They were proactive. Our AD seems to want to settle on and protect Holly. We should not settle for anything less than the best. We need to keep hiring until we find a coach that can connect with these girls. The tradition established by Pat is slipping away before everyone's eyes. The program was solid and now it is going to hell. A change is needed before the program falls beyond the point of no return for many years. Otherwise all that Pat did will be wasted.

What Pat did stands on its own imo; it's not contingent on whether her successor is successful or even competent.

It's pretty obvious that when you need to find a successor to someone like Summitt, you have to do due diligence and find an exceptional coach. We didn't do that. We gave the job, stupidly, to a person who was the no. 2 assistant for most of her career, friend of the players, friend of PS, and Warlick is not up to the job. The North Carolina men gave Deans Smith's longtime assistant a chance to coach the team--and he did fairly well (much better than Warlick)--but after three years UNC hired Roy Williams--a proven, exceptional coach who was at Kansas. Great hire. Kentucky hired Calipari. Louisville hired Rick Pittino, etc. You hire talent to succeed talent. We didn't do that.

Reactions: 3 people
Government? You mean Conway,the dishonest dope who has to clean up after the president's daily fraudulent statements. She coined the term.

Ban worthy? Hey, my political comments got erased...I don't care how many lies he tells...he learned from CNN! lol. My wife has a 401k that soaring...and some folks tell me that's a lie!:)

Even though Warlick is a puzzle as illustrated from fan's expressing themselves concerning her she has proven to parents that their girls will in a safe environment after their recruitment. Pat Summitt had a temper and many ups and downs in her personal life but found a stabilizing force in the ever faithful Warlick.

Huh? :crazy:

See what she does with this great recruiting class coming in. Tough to follow up a legend such as Pat. The guy who fills Saban's spot when he finally hangs it up will be similarly screwed with insane expectations.

Bama won't hire an unproven trainee to succeed Saban.

Reactions: 1 person
Holly was an All-American basketball player for the Lady Vols. She was the first player, male or female, to have her jersey retired. She gave 110% for Tennessee as a player.

Holly loves Tennessee, it's not Just a job.

Reactions: 2 people
she is batting right at 75% for wins

3 elite 8s

wasn't there a sweet 16 in there too ?

Named 2013 SEC Coach of the Year, 2013 WBCA Spalding Maggie Dixon Division I Rookie Coach of the Year and 2013 Tennessee Sports Writers Association Coach of the Year.

Holly Warlick's 108-34 record (.761) gives her the seventh-highest victory total ever recorded during the first four years on the job by an NCAA Division I women's basketball coach.

Warlick became the 17th women's basketball coach to win 100 games in her first four seasons at the NCAA Division I level when UT beat Arkansas, 75-57, on Feb. 4, 2016.

She's only the sixth since 1992 to do that.

She joined the legendary Leon Barmore of Louisiana Tech as the only skippers to direct their programs to three NCAA Elite Eight appearances in their first four seasons as head coaches.

Warlick's career (.761) and SEC (.781, 50-14) winning percentages rank her first among all SEC women's head coaches.

Her Lady Vols made it to the NCAA Elite Eight in 2013, 2015 and 2016, and may have extended their runs had it not been for some key injuries the past two seasons.
Tennessee has claimed three SEC trophies in Warlick's first four seasons, winning regular-season crowns in 2013 and 2015 and claiming the tournament title in 2014.

Warlick has continued the Lady Vols' 100-percent graduation rate for players who have completed their collegiate careers at Tennessee.

Since becoming head coach, six of her players have been taken in the WNBA Draft. Three, including a first-rounder, were taken in 2015.

is that a bad thing ?

She's not 108-34 either. She's lost 44 games, which will be an average of over 9 games a season before the season is over. You're trying to twist things in your favor.

Reactions: 4 people
She's not 108-34 either. She's lost 44 games, which will be an average of over 9 games a season before the season is over. You're trying to twist things in your favor.

Maybe you're doing the twisting. 108-34 was the 4-year record as the poster mentioned in the same comment.

Crazy thing about hoops is they could make a deep tourney run and all would be forgiven. Remember Cuonzo? He went from the guy everyone wanted to get rid of to the guy that many were begging to stay based on three wins. If LV make the elite 8 or final 4 does all this go away?

Crazy thing about hoops is they could make a deep tourney run and all would be forgiven. Remember Cuonzo? He went from the guy everyone wanted to get rid of to the guy that many were begging to stay based on three wins. If LV make the elite 8 or final 4 does all this go away?

It didn't go away last year and it won't now. Because she will continue to lose.

E8? No. FF? Yes.

She has 3 sec titles in 4 seasons...no telling what this year will bring. She signed the number 1 recruiting class after learning from mistakes the year before and is well on her way to back yo back number 1 classes.

If you add diamond to her first class, that would have been another number one class with 3 top ten players.

3 elite 8s and a sweet 16 in her 4 completed years, which is better results than anyone over that span than Geno.

3 times All American at UT and first basketball jersey retired...male or female. Bleeds orange and would never talk trash about player's or coaches on social media. Held in highest estimeen by the best coach ever.

Not responsible for guards not making lay ups.

Wins when it counts in ncaa better than any sec coach

Back to add this - compassionate, caring person who rushed to aid the Arkansas player who was injured - she was the first to the girl's side. Otherwise, I'm still not a fan.

I'm not sold on Holly but I do like the changes that she has made.... the changes she made to recruiting has been phenomenal... offense and defense has looked better and I think we may see a difference in results when the next couple of groups of recruits get in here.... I'm not ready to dump Holly yet.

VN Store

Back