Ohtani

If Ohtani had something to hide, the absolute last thing he would do is accuse someone of stealing and initiate a police investigation.

He could have just said yeah, I paid off his debt and looked like the greatest friend to ever exist.

You’re the one not passing whatever the “giggle test” is.
He’s guilty as h3ll but it doesn’t matter. They are not gonna touch him.

Reactions: Sea Ray
Fwiw Ohtani has not technically changed HIS story. The story has changed, Ohtani’s has not.
Not exactly. Here's more insight into how this went down:

In an interview with ESPN that was arranged by an Ohtani spokesman, Ohtani’s longtime translator Ippei Mizuhara said that Ohtani sent the money to cover Mizuhara’s gambling debts. The spokesman even gave ESPN a quote from Ohtani in which he said he knew about the payments.

The story was repeated by Mizuhara and club executives to the entire Dodger team during a meeting in the Dodgers’ clubhouse in Seoul after their opening night win over the San Diego Padres.

Early the next morning, however, Ohtani’s representatives completely changed course, claiming that Ohtani was unaware of the transfers and accusing Mizuhara of a “massive theft.”

Above all, I am incredulous at the notion Mizuhara could give a completely plausible Ohtani-approved explanation of the payments in one interview, then, seemingly hours later, be called a liar and accused of theft by the same Ohtani representatives.

If Ohtani had something to hide, the absolute last thing he would do is accuse someone of stealing and initiate a police investigation.

He could have just said yeah, I paid off his debt and looked like the greatest friend to ever exist.

You’re the one not passing whatever the “giggle test” is.
I agree with this:

I am queasy with the notion that Mizuhara could mastermind a heist of at least $4.5 million without Ohtani or his accountants or his bankers or somebody noticing the money was missing.

I am skeptical at the idea that any bookie would extend $4.5 million in credit to an ordinary gambler, and then collect that money without confirming its source to ensure that the money was not being stolen.

Above all, I am incredulous at the notion Mizuhara could give a completely plausible Ohtani-approved explanation of the payments in one interview, then, seemingly hours later, be called a liar and accused of theft by the same Ohtani representatives.

It doesn't add up and I'm not the only one who feels this way

It doesn’t add up. Furthermore, it’s amazing that Ohtani’s crisis management teams — some of the same people who represented the likes of Harvey Weinstein and Danny Masterson — would not have realized it doesn’t add up.

By the way, why does Ohtani still employ agent Nez Balelo? If Ohtani truly felt he had been robbed by his interpreter and was truly unaware of the missing money, he should have already fired the guy who is paid to protect him, no? Hmmm.

I agree with this:

It doesn't add up and I'm not the only one who feels this way

That's a really overwrought article, as is Plaschke's style, but he is correct to point out that the story does not add up.
In an interview with ESPN that was arranged by an Ohtani spokesman, Ohtani’s longtime translator Ippei Mizuhara said that Ohtani sent the money to cover Mizuhara’s gambling debts. The spokesman even gave ESPN a quote from Ohtani in which he said he knew about the payments.

The story was repeated by Mizuhara and club executives to the entire Dodger team during a meeting in the Dodgers’ clubhouse in Seoul after their opening night win over the San Diego Padres.

Early the next morning, however, Ohtani’s representatives completely changed course, claiming that Ohtani was unaware of the transfers and accusing Mizuhara of a “massive theft.”
Until there is evidence that Shohei was placing the bets himself, or placing them through Mizuhara, I lean towards it was him bailing his buddy out, which is what the story initially was.

That's a really overwrought article, as is Plaschke's style, but he is correct to point out that the story does not add up.

Until there is evidence that Shohei was placing the bets himself, or placing them through Mizuhara, I lean towards it was him bailing his buddy out, which is what the story initially was.
I'm hearing that this investigation will likely go on for the rest of 2024. I have an open mind. Let's see where this goes

I'm hearing that this investigation will likely go on for the rest of 2024. I have an open mind. Let's see where this goes
If there is one thing your posts in this thread have taught me, it’s that you have an open mind.

We still harping on this crap. Pete Rose fans are just made because he wasn't smart enough to let others place the bets for him.

We still harping on this crap. Pete Rose fans are just made because he wasn't smart enough to let others place the bets for him.
No!! Pete Rose was in the era that MLB could hold its own in pro sports and he was expendable.

VN Store

Back