Ohio State President takes shots at ND, UofL, UK, SEC

ukvols

In fairness, it was at a meeting of the school's "Athletic Council," which included AD members, professors, and students. So, this may have felt like a private roasting of all things not OSU. But, now that the comments have reached the public, wow. They need to muzzle this guy. If you decide to take his comments personally, you'll really dislike this guy.

Gordon Gee, Ohio State president, takes shots at Notre Dame and Catholics - ESPN

He trampled on my religion, hometown school, alma mater, and conference. SMH. He's a moron with his mouth, but I do consider the audience and setting to be partially mitigating factors.
Basically, I've got better things to do than hate Gordon Gee.

Reactions: 1 person
My Buckeye colleague pointed out that Gee did include Delaney in his comments. That, I can support. LOL. I'm not a fan of Delaney at all.

Ohio State before taking a shot from the SEC...

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
YAWN!!!

This is nothing more than media outlets trying to get page views and it being a slow off-season.

Anyone that is really offended by this should never watch a roast on Comedy Central and grow some thicker skin. As a Buckeye fan I do wish Gee would just shut the hell up but like mentioned above it was at a meeting of the school's Athletic Council. As a Catholic, I'm not in the least offended. In fact he probably stole the joke from a Catholic.

Is it football season yet???

YAWN!!!

This is nothing more than media outlets trying to get page views and it being a slow off-season.

Anyone that is really offended by this should never watch a roast on Comedy Central and grow some thicker skin. As a Buckeye fan I do wish Gee would just shut the hell up but like mentioned above it was at a meeting of the school's Athletic Council. As a Catholic, I'm not in the least offended. In fact he probably stole the joke from a Catholic.

It's hard to separate comments that were jokes from what he believed, since we weren't there.
I think it's clear he has a negative opinion of ND, UofL, UK, and the SEC in general, and he joked about all of them in front of a friendly audience with no expectation that he was being recorded for public consumption.

I think the Catholic comments were stupid. I'm not offended, but they were still stupid.
I think he means it when he takes shots at the academics of UofL and UK. I understand why the Big Ten considers itself academically superior to those schools though.
And, I'm sure he sticks his nose up at the SEC's academics. He has to, because he certainly can't point to what's going on between the lines.

YAWN!!!

All true. Yet someone in his position should realize that those comments are going to make it to the press, and he'll get taken to task for them.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Bulletin board material for an SEC team (probably Bama) that plays them in the NC game. IF OSU can make it out of the weak schedule alive.

I could care less about his SEC comments, those were just jokes that didnt sound funny in the written word. I suspect had Slive said something similar us SEC fans would be supporting him. However, as a Catholic I am bothered by his comments, the SEC BIG Ten rivalry is true and provoked from both sides. The ND/Catholic thing sounded more personal and had he said it about a race of people instead of a religious denomination he would have already been fired.

I could care less about his SEC comments, those were just jokes that didnt sound funny in the written word. I suspect had Slive said something similar us SEC fans would be supporting him. However, as a Catholic I am bothered by his comments, the SEC BIG Ten rivalry is true and provoked from both sides. The ND/Catholic thing sounded more personal and had he said it about a race of people instead of a religious denomination he would have already been fired.

I'm one of those rare OSU/ND/UT fans. It's what happens when you grow up Catholic in Cincinnati and move to Knoxville and attend UT during the Peyton Manning/Tee Martin years. I don't get the outrage. Jokes are made about Mormons (which Gee is) all the time. I voted for Mitt Romney this past election cycle but I probably also cracked a joke or two about his Mormon faith. I joke about the Catholic church myself. People joke about religion, race, gender, you name it. Always have always will. I'll agree that as the President of a major University like OSU he needs to keep it a bit closer to the vest [insert sweater vest joke here]. That being said....people need to lighten up a bit.

Last edited:
In fairness, it was at a meeting of the school's "Athletic Council," which included AD members, professors, and students. So, this may have felt like a private roasting of all things not OSU. But, now that the comments have reached the public, wow. They need to muzzle this guy. If you decide to take his comments personally, you'll really dislike this guy.

Gordon Gee, Ohio State president, takes shots at Notre Dame and Catholics - ESPN

He trampled on my religion, hometown school, alma mater, and conference. SMH. He's a moron with his mouth, but I do consider the audience and setting to be partially mitigating factors.
Basically, I've got better things to do than hate Gordon Gee.

:unsure:

Hence a thread about it?

Gordon Gee is a worm and appears to have an inferiority complex when it comes to the SEC.

I hope he doesn't get fired.

I like Gordon Gee at OSU.

He's an idiot and makes them look bad.

Reactions: 2 people
We can figure out fine what OSU is doing, losing. Except when you have no pressure of a postseason.

How did he get to this level? One would think the president of a university would at least possess a middling intellect. This guy is a clown

He was spot on with those Notre Dame comments.

It's not really Notre Dame, but lots of religions as a whole. Holy on sunday, the rest of the week not so much.

Especially in the south to be fair.

VN Store

Back