Oh No!

We can’t worry about UCONN, because they are gonna get the best as long as they compete and win championships. The question is which women’s basketball team is going to step up and challenge UCONN? For example Baylor and Louisville have recruited well but yet they are not on the level of UCONN. Just maybe, no matter if we like it or not, coaching may be the answer. We have a short memory, but remember when the best wanted to play for Tennessee? The difference was Pat coached up what came to Tennessee.

Reactions: 5 people
WOW, just WOW. Some of the comments in this thread come across as just mean spirited and diminish the posters.
Let's be real here. Whatever you feel about the 'northerners' and their coach you have to have some appreciation for what they accomplished. Just how much coverage do you think the Vols would get if we had a 111 win streak going? How much coverage would it get when it was broken? That's 111 games and say what you will about their crappy conference they beat some pretty damn good teams in that streak.
If we had that streak going I and a lot of the posters here would be jumping up & down with every win.
IIRC last year was supposed to be the 'year to beat them' as they graduated a WNBA team. It took to the final four - good on Miss State!

Reactions: 3 people
Impressive job to grab two top ten players out of the final two left. SC was the big loser looked like they had a shot at both of these players and didn't happen.

Reactions: 2 people
What it is going to take to beat UCONN is to come close to the talent that they have, but more importantly match the coaching. Texas has the talent this year, especially when Holmes returns, but can they coach at the UCONN level. Baylor will have the talent next year, but again will they have the coaching.

Mississippi State and NC State have the coach, but will not be able to match future talent of UCONN. Last year was different in that UCONN was down by their standards, but still almost won it all had they got by MS.

Damn, I was one who didn't think Dangerfield would be a significant part to Uconns future, so I have to eat crow. She and Samuelson are playing on another level this year, so he is doing something right.

I am looking forward to our own LadyVols this season, I feel it is a fresh start and hope we make the most of it.

Reactions: 2 people
She was a top 3 player in her class. I am in the not surprised crowd. She has been a staple on USA teams since she was 14/15 and was dominant in high school, with the exception of her match ups with Annie.

Reactions: 1 person
We can’t worry about UCONN, because they are gonna get the best as long as they compete and win championships. The question is which women’s basketball team is going to step up and challenge UCONN? For example Baylor and Louisville have recruited well but yet they are not on the level of UCONN. Just maybe, no matter if we like it or not, coaching may be the answer. We have a short memory, but remember when the best wanted to play for Tennessee? The difference was Pat coached up what came to Tennessee.
But even before Pat retired Geno was getting the top recruits. Strothers, DellaDonne, Taurasi, Byrd, Cash?.......

But even before Pat retired Geno was getting the top recruits. Strothers, DellaDonne, Taurasi, Byrd, Cash?.......

DelleDonne never played for UConn.

During the same period, Tennessee got Catchings, Ely, ARob, Parker, Hornbuckle, Bjorklund, GloJo...all Top 5 players as well. The first 5 players on this list were all ranked #1 on one of the main recruiting lists (I think ARob may have been a consensus #1 over Taurasi).

Generally speaking, UConn has gotten more out of their #1 recruits than Tennessee has.

Reactions: 3 people
yeah and they most likely will get Sam Brunelle next year and maybe add Australian Ezi Megbor in the spring . Geno needs to retire for the good of the game seriously :nono:

Brunelle is UConn bound. Geno offers 2 or 3 players a year and he impressively almost always gets the player he puts the full press on (it’s why losing Collier was a huge shock and why Wilson at SC still burns a hole in the behinds of UConn fans)..

The real interesting story in that class will be where will #2 Amihere go.. she has WNBA athleticism already.

And if you’re wondering, UConn is recruiting Amihere as well but I personally don’t think she fits their playing style. Her style of play, very physical and athletic, fits much better in the SEC or the Pac12..I could see her at Louisville as well.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back