Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

Who could stand to watch Purdue and UConn anyway? Two very hatable teams.

Edey really is dislikable and I can’t put my finger on why. It’s not really has play or the way he’s officiated. Just something about his persona and vibe I don’t like.
I watched last night and was just full of disgust over both teams. couldn’t ever decide who i disliked more.

I watched last night and was just full of disgust over both teams. couldn’t ever decide who i disliked more.
I didn't watch it at all. It was my way of not adding even one household to the ratings numbers for the men's championship in hopes that if enough people did that the women's championship numbers would be higher. They were, even though our championship was played at 3 p.m. lol

I didn't watch it at all. It was my way of not adding even one household to the ratings numbers for the men's championship in hopes that if enough people did that the women's championship numbers would be higher. They were, even though our championship was played at 3 p.m. lol
Not even though it was at 3, because it was at 3 on a Sunday. I know you disagree about this being sports super prime time, but it is. Years of advertising research have proven this. No way in the world the primo college and NFL games go in that spot otherwise, and they are usually the most watch TV programs, not just sports, of the week.

Not even though it was at 3, because it was at 3 on a Sunday. I know you disagree about this being sports super prime time, but it is. Years of advertising research have proven this. No way in the world the primo college and NFL games go in that spot otherwise, and they are usually the most watch TV programs, not just sports, of the week.
I get that -- for football.

But when is the last time a national or world championship in either men's D1 college or the NBA has been played in the afternoon? I may be totally misremembering and it could be happening regularly in men's basketball- I don't know.

For whatever reasons, though, I personally feel conditioned to think of BASKETBALL's biggest games always being played in the evenings. In fact, I'm conditioned to expect ALL major-sport championships outside of golf to be played in the evenings. Maybe it's just me!

I get that -- for football.

But when is the last time a national or world championship in either men's D1 college or the NBA has been played in the afternoon? I may be totally misremembering and it could be happening regularly in men's basketball- I don't know.

For whatever reasons, though, I personally feel conditioned to think of BASKETBALL's biggest games always being played in the evenings. In fact, I'm conditioned to expect ALL major-sport championships outside of golf to be played in the evenings. Maybe it's just me!
Men's conf tourney championships are played on Sunday afternoon. Part of that is to enable the selection show that evening for sure.

It's marketing research for sports viewing. Saturday night is seen as a "let's go out" night and Sunday night is seen as "Monday morning eve". And undeniably, it worked. Most viewed WBB ever. I don't look for it to change.

Extra bonus points for the intentional swapping of "complement" for the correct term...twice, just in case readers missed it the first time. You sly dog, you!

Well done, Sir/Madam. 🤩

Now don't get me started on Camelia Cardosa, a.k.a., Kamilla Cardoso or Becky Hammond/Harmon/Hammon. ESL lessons begin in fifteen minutes, room 101, second door on your left.
200.gif

(and I thought I might be too sly :cool:)

Pretty sure what you’re insinuating here and really surprised this board doesn’t call it out, but you’re wrong.
Call what out exactly? Speculation that Lisa is Dawn’s girlfriend? Would it also be called out if I was speculating about a heterosexual relationship?

It’s 2024…not a big deal if she is or if she isn’t 🤷‍♂️

Call what out exactly? Speculation that Lisa is Dawn’s girlfriend? Would it also be called out if I was speculating about a heterosexual relationship?

It’s 2024…not a big deal if she is or if she isn’t 🤷‍♂️
Wait! Dawn's partner is on her coaching staff?!? I guess that's why she couldn't take the job here, bc we definitely don't allow that here anymore!

Reactions: Amb3096
It’s only negative if the partner is a man. Try to keep up here…
Not true for me.

I do not want ANY head coach and their assistant, regardless of gender or orientation, who are close enough to be boinking each other to be showing up to the office everyday pretending to have a professional relationship.

It's ridiculous.

VN Store

Back