Official Vols tailgate spot for Charlotte

Mbeezy62

Does anybody know if there has been a spot set for a big vols tailgate before the game in Charlotte? My group is looking to set up with other Vols before the game.

Yes, plans for it are being finalized right now. There will be the an area for tailgating where food, beer and drinks are included in the price and areas where you can bring your own alcohol. All the lots will be within easy walking distance to B of A stadium.

When everything is finalized, I'll post the link with more info and to register.

Reactions: wesleydmartin
Anyone from the Charlotte area know if there will be places to set up prior to 1130? All the tailgating spots I’ve looked at for pre pay list 1130 as their start time. I plan on driving in early and would like to set up around 830-900. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone from the Charlotte area know if there will be places to set up prior to 1130? All the tailgating spots I’ve looked at for pre pay list 1130 as their start time. I plan on driving in early and would like to set up around 830-900. Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure about any organized tailgating spots, but around the stadium there will be parking available if you're doing your own tailgating. Just get off i77 on West Morehead St and head East. You never know what you might run in to...

Reactions: TooRockyByFar
The local alumni chapter is working on another parking option that will open earlier adjacent to the tailgate party area. I should have more information by Wednesday

I'm wondering how hard it will be to take a Uber close to the stadium. I'm staying at a hotel about 8 miles away and have thought that taking a Uber to near the stadium will be easier then driving plus i can drink all the beer i want.

It won't be hard to get down there in an uber before the game. Getting out in an uber afterward will be a different story. There are plenty of bars and restaurants to go to after the game to wait out the traffic.

There will be a lot opening at 8:00 AM at 700 McNinch St for those wanting to start tailgating before the other lots open at 11:30. This lot is about 2 blocks from B of A Stadium.

Live in Charlotte - walk to the Panthers games pretty often. If you're willing to hike a few blocks to get away from the stadium, grabbing an uber can be relatively easy. Of course you'll be waiting a few minutes, but it's nothing like game day in Knoxville. Roads handle the traffic better, half the stadium capacity, and a lot more uber drivers.

Reactions: Repohellbilly
Live in Charlotte - walk to the Panthers games pretty often. If you're willing to hike a few blocks to get away from the stadium, grabbing an uber can be relatively easy. Of course you'll be waiting a few minutes, but it's nothing like game day in Knoxville. Roads handle the traffic better, half the stadium capacity, and a lot more uber drivers.
I figured we would walk around after the game and maybe eat a late dinner somewhere near before we Uber back

soooo....me and some buddies, one family in particular of WVU fans, we're all giong to the game. and i've tail gated in this lot plenty of times for panthers games, and since we're on the west side of the stadium this is the lot i thought we should use.

and then my UT buddy just hit me up and told me this is the lot the alumni is doing the tail gait in. never put 2 and 2 together on that.

oh well, bought our spots. y'all be nice to my buddy and his family... they good people even though they'll be wearing blue and yellow!!! GBO.

Reactions: bigorange
There's a golf tournament earlier Friday, and this event with Leonard Little scheduled for Friday night

Charlotte UTK Alumni Chapter said:
#CLTVOLS have been working hard to paint Charlotte Big Orange Labor Day weekend!
Join us on FRIDAY, 8/31 from 6-10pm at Infused for a meet and greet with VOL Football Legend, All-SEC, All-American, Super Bowl Champion, LEONARD LITTLE!!
#infused will be #allvol offering:
-UT themed Jack Daniels drink specials
-Big Orange giveaways
-UT fan central
Another exciting event release coming tomorrow!

soooo....me and some buddies, one family in particular of WVU fans, we're all giong to the game. and i've tail gated in this lot plenty of times for panthers games, and since we're on the west side of the stadium this is the lot i thought we should use.

and then my UT buddy just hit me up and told me this is the lot the alumni is doing the tail gait in. never put 2 and 2 together on that.

oh well, bought our spots. y'all be nice to my buddy and his family... they good people even though they'll be wearing blue and yellow!!! GBO.
I'll have a few blue and yellow fans with me as well.

Can anyone tell me what sections are the home side of the field and end zone? I'm hoping i bought seats with UT fans and not WVU lol

VN Store

Back