Official Vol Nation Fantasy Football KEEPER LEAGUE (VNFFKL)

sweet, some more victi...i mean managers! hopefully we should fill in the last few spots by the time August rolls around. not sure if anyone had a preference, but I figure 10 would be great, and 12 would work nicely should we have extras who want in. 10 is the magic number for now though.

some more things to consider:
-PPR? That's generally the way i do it. can make it .5 ppr as well.
-Standard draft or Auction? I'm more of the standard type myself.
-Just want to keep it at reg DEF, or throw in some individual defensive players instead? Again, just something different and interesting. Also, if yall want to go even crazier with 2 QBs or some ****, just bring it to the forum and we'll see where it goes.
-As far as keepers go, I'm thinking along the lines of:

• everybody is given to the option to keep 3 players.
  • For every player kept you must forfeit your draft pick one round earlier than the round he was drafted in the previous year.
  • If the player was not drafted the previous year you give up a 7th (or 8th-10th, that can be up for debate) round pick.

Have a good day gents!

-Commish WDV

Imo, PPR is fine, half or full. Im down for whatever there

I wouldn't mind a 2QB league, again im down for whatever there.

I would rather do a standard draft, never done an auction before.

I also prefer Standard DST...wouldn't mind getting rid of kickers though lol.

PPR

Standard

**** QBs

3-5 def players would be cool, I did a whole D last year and it was a pain. Lol

Last edited:
I think the champ should get 3 keepers

2nd-2

Everyone else 1

Last place gets no pick in the first round.

JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Imo, PPR is fine, half or full. Im down for whatever there

I wouldn't mind a 2QB league, again im down for whatever there.

I would rather do a standard draft, never done an auction before.

I also prefer Standard DST...wouldn't mind getting rid of kickers though lol.

yeah, I'm pretty much on the same page with you. Never been a fan of auction, but then again, that might be cause I suck at it lol

ain't getting rid of the kicker though. sorry :p

PPR

Standard

**** QBs

3-5 def players would be cool, I did a whole D last year and it was a pain. Lol

Oh yeah, def would keep it to within that number. Entire defensive IDPs would be a pain in the ass. I'm leaning toward just standard DEF myself the more I think about it.

I think the champ should get 3 keepers

2nd-2

Everyone else 1

Last place gets no pick in the first round.

JMO

Or the last 2 teams get no keepers, some punishment for being a looser. IMO

eh, I'm not a big fan of that method. I've never known anyone to do it that way either. if we were to do it that way (should most people want to do it that way), I'd move the numbers a bit higher (like champ:4, 2nd-6th:3, 7th-10th/12th: 2).

As for last place, I'd rather we do something that's embarrassing on the site, like somebody mentioned earlier having the grand loser change their avatar to something Bama related for a certain length of time. I feel like it'd be less fun and more unfair if we just gave last place an even deeper hole to try to get out of.

I like Forever21's idea in the fantasy thread. Champ gets 4, runner up 3, playoff teams 2, slackers 1. Should be performance based. IMO

War is one of those guys that believes everyone should get a trophy. Lol

I like Forever21's idea in the fantasy thread. Champ gets 4, runner up 3, playoff teams 2, slackers 1. Should be performance based. IMO

nah, only one person gets a trophy, and that's the champ (well technically on yahoo, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd get "trophies"). Just want the key, fun element of what distinguishes a keeper league above standard leagues to be available to everyone. and I think it just makes it all the more easier, fair, and fun.

nah, only one person gets a trophy, and that's the champ (well technically on yahoo, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd get "trophies"). Just want the key, fun element of what distinguishes a keeper league above standard leagues to be available to everyone. and I think it just makes it all the more easier, fair, and fun.

I agree, **** Jerry.

Who wants easier and fair? Lol

I need Forever 21 and Greve in here to tell you 2 how silly 1st and last getting the same amount of keepers is.

my initial post was directed towards the notion that last place/last 2 places should get no keepers and/or have no 1st round draft pick. If you want to do it more systematic, that's fine, I'd just have the minimum (for non playoff teams) be at least 2.

plus, in regards to this actual post I just quoted, literally every keeper league I have played in, heard of, read about, does it that way. it's not silly at all. it's always been the standard and most common.

Just because my Cowboys Suck every year, doesn't mean they lose draft picks or officially have to let go of the majority of their team.

My idea was to reward people for the next year and to keep it competitive to the end

well considering we're not playing for cash (which is what I've always done), that at least sounds a bit more reasonable. if we're doing it that systematic way though, I'm pretty much leaving it as champ:4, 2nd-6th:3, 7th-10th/12th: 2.

Should also remind everyone that you don't have to keep people (or the complete #) if you don't want to. it will have some affect on the draft the next year.

and since we have some discussion going on, can we get some more input on what site yall want to use? I know Ben&Jerry and I have said we were fine with Yahoo.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back