Official Vanderbilt at Tennessee Game 3 Thread - 2 PM

Hey remember when DonYates wrote the article about how Vandy "owns" the state?

Yeah.....

Vandy doesnt even own Nashville. I think its a big joke they want to move a football game to LP field when they cant even sell out their home stadium. If I was the titans I would loan them the practice field for a game

Reactions: 3 people
Vandy doesnt even own Nashville. I think its a big joke they want to move a football game to LP field when they cant even sell out their home stadium. If I was the titans I would loan them the practice field for a game

Is that not Much Larger than a High School Football Field?

Congrats to the players and coaches on the HUGE series win. Great atmosphere, over 3000 people!

It's Great to be a Tennessee VOL!

Thanks for stepping up on the game day thread folks, much appreciated!

GBO!

Reactions: 2 people
Congrats to the players and coaches on the HUGE series win. Great atmosphere, over 3000 people!

It's Great to be a Tennessee VOL!

Thanks for stepping up on the game day thread folks, much appreciated!

GBO!

We tried. I hope we see Serrano for President signs start popping up. Its good to see a proven coach finally get established here without being under a massive fire. This is the perfect place for Serrano to carve his legacy.

As Darth Vader Said "All To Easy."

That's what it was today as the Vols never trailed, and won without a problem 7-0.
Before this 3 game series I think it would be astounding if someone had predicted of the way the Vols would win two games vs Vandy.

Not that it wasn't possible but as in the specefic ways such as the Vols would win scoring two runs in the 9th, and win convincely in a shutout scoring 5 to 7 runs.

Reactions: 1 person
Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke02 · 10m
BIG statements made by home teams this weekend in #SEC. Been tough to win a series on the road all year. Division races are wide open!

Zack Godley ‏@godleyzt · 17m
Great job by the @Vol_Baseball team coming away with the series win over the dores

Former Vols weighing in...GBO!!!

And current Vols...

Tyler Schultz ‏@Tylerschultz5 · 15m
Took the series from Vandy #GOVOLS

Vincent jackson ‏@Vjack40 · 2m
Thats how you set the tone with a statement. #OurState

Drake™ ‏@_DRAKEEE · 4m
Huge series for the boys....it's great to be a vol babaaayyyy! Proud of the way we took care of business. Love these dudes. #OurState

Butch Jones ‏@UTCoachJones · 4m
Huge weekend on the diamond for @Vol_Baseball & @LadyVol_Sftball! Congrats to @DaveSerranoUT & @KarenWeekly on their wins! #OneTennessee

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersPG · 2h
#Tennessee heralded freshman with 5 1/3 shutout frames, as @Vol_Baseball make a big statement w/ 7-0 win over #Vandy, taking series. #SEC

Nick Senzel ‏@LilSenzii · 9m
Love this team, huge weekend #govolsbaby

Scott Price ‏@TheRealSprice · 45m
#OurState #GBO #VFL

Nathaniel Maggio ‏@NathanielMaggio · 15m
Making a STATEment #govols

Tennessee Baseball ‏@Vol_Baseball · 4m
VIDEO: #Vols sophomore OF Christin Stewart was 2-for-3 with 3 RBIs today - Christin Stewart Postgame Media vs. Vanderbilt (4/6/14) - YouTube

Tennessee Baseball ‏@Vol_Baseball · 4m
VIDEO: #Vols freshman RHP Kyle Serrano earned the win, giving up 2 hits over 5.1 IP - Kyle Serrano Postgame Media vs. Vanderbilt (4/6/14) - YouTube

Last edited:
Enjoyed being at all 3 games & watching Vols take this series. Great crowds,too. Good to see Josh Dobbs & several other football Vols at Saturday & Sunday baseball games. I'm stoked!

Julio Borbón ‏@JulioBorbon20 · 30m
Congrats to the @Vol_Baseball boys on the huge weekend series win against Vanderbilt #GBO #OurState

Cuonzo Martin ‏@CuonzoMartin · 1h
Congratulations to @Vol_Baseball & @LadyVol_Sftball! Keep rolling!

I'm telling you, we got a good baseball coach! Just listened to his postgame comments, and he gets it! Hope he is the Vols coach for the next 20 years! As long as he stays, the vols will improve every year! Keep up the good work coach! We're behind you

Tennessee Baseball ‏@Vol_Baseball · 2h
After the series win over #SEC rival Vanderbilt, the #Vols move up four spots to No. 21 in the nation in @PerfectGameUSA's Top 25. #GBO

I'm telling you, we got a good baseball coach! Just listened to his postgame comments, and he gets it! Hope he is the Vols coach for the next 20 years! As long as he stays, the vols will improve every year! Keep up the good work coach! We're behind you

Like the 49ers with Harbaugh the Baseball Vols have found their Ace.

It's the smashing of Vandy 2 in another Sport that starts with B.
It happened in Men's basketball, and on Sunday it happened in Baseball.

Last time Vols won a Series vs a Top 5 Team 2009 vs LSU Tigers in the final weekend.
This one over Vandy is more impressive because this was early in the Season and the Vols were in a large slump. It was a must win series.

Since the Vols were a team with nothing to lose since they weren't going to make the SEC Tournament there was no pressure to win.
It was your same kind of situaton in NFL games where a team eliminated from in the Hunt wins games late in November or December vs Playoff teams.

Great to see UT spank little brother in their supposed "best" sport. I still find it hilarious that Candy fans think their baseball program is so damn great when they've only been to 1 CWS in their entire existence. Corbin has wasted a ton of talent over there. However, most Candy fans didn't even know they had a baseball program until he showed up.

Great to see UT spank little brother in their supposed "best" sport. I still find it hilarious that Candy fans think their baseball program is so damn great when they've only been to 1 CWS in their entire existence. Corbin has wasted a ton of talent over there. However, most Candy fans didn't even know they had a baseball program until he showed up.

Serrano won't waste talent while he coaches here. I would say he's developing most of the talent ahead of the curve. He's going to be the baseball version of Neyland. He got hired to beat Vanderbilt. :).

Don't forget vandy has 0 titles in baseball.
There are great sec baseball teams that have proven it with their history the Gamecocks, and Lsu Tigers.

Vandy consistently underachieved and missed vast opportunities to make it to the sec tournament or the World Series.
So I guess that makes them the Dallas cowboys of sec baseball.

Don't forget vandy has 0 titles in baseball.
There are great sec baseball teams that have proven it with their history the Gamecocks, and Lsu Tigers.

Vandy consistently underachieved and missed vast opportunities to make it to the sec tournament or the World Series.
So I guess that makes them the Dallas cowboys of sec baseball.

Congrats on the series win. Vanderbilt has been plagued by errors all year long and this weekend was no different. K. Serrano will make a nice Sunday pitcher for years to come.

As far as 0 Titles, I am assuming you are talking about National Championships as Vanderbilt has 6 Regular Season SEC Titles and a couple of SEC tournament titles.

VN Store

Back