OFFICIAL Utah State Pick-The-Score Contest

My Position Breakdown for the 2014 Vols

QB= C-
The fact that it took so long for Worley to step up and win the starting job doesn't exactly make me feel comfortable. I question if he even won the job or it was simply given to him by default. Had high expectations for Josh Dobbs but he seems to have taken a step back. As for Petermen see florida game last year.. If Worely can step up into the roll of a game manager and not make too many mistakes this grade could rise.

RB= B
Ive loved the running style of Marlin Lane since he stepped foot on campus. the problem with Lane seems to be durability and a lack of top end speed. Although i do believe after a great spring Marlin has a solid year and we will all be happy with his production.. I think Jalen Hurd has a chance to be one of the greats to carry the rock on rocky top ... look for Hurds play to push Marlin to the next level ...

WR= A
North....Pearson....Pig....Smith....Malone....Croom... by far the deepest unit on this team. I look for the first 3 to have monster years and the next 3 to fill in and make plays when called upon to do so... This could be one of the Best/deepest WR cores i have seen in some time for the Vols... North will be a household name by the end of the year and no im not talking about Kanyes baby...

Oline= D
not much to say about this group considering they are literally the unknown.. the success or the failure of this football rests on the shoulders of this group of guys... Being inexperienced doesn't always mean bad just most of the time so heres to hoping these guys can buck the trend and step up...

TE= B
ya the top two TE on the field this year are likely to be Freshmen but these arent your average frosh... from all account Ethan Wolf is a straight baller ready to step in a be a big part of this offense right away... Helm doesn't have the same size and straighten as Wolf but he more than makes up for that with his pass catching ability.. look for him to be in the mold of a Jordan reed type of TE...It amazes me how much better off we are at this position from last year.

Offense= C+

CB= B
everyone is aware of the lock down Frosh All American Cam Sutton and the smart leader of the second airy Brain Randolph... but stepping at the other corner spot looks to be one of 2 new faces.. if Mosley or Williams can step up and play while opposite of Cam i think this unit has a chance to be very good... I think the coleman move from corner to nickel will help him and the team tremendously.. At the SS position look for freshmen Stud to creep up the depth chart and ultimately steal the starting spot from Mcneil or swafford...

LBs= C+
should be a solid group led by AA candidate AJ the beast Johnson... look for JRM to bring the fire from ST to the D this year. Bates and Weathered will compete for playing time and i foresee both being more than capable.. not much depth to speak.

Dline= C-
It was hard for me to grade this group considering i happen to think we have 3 of the best D ends we have had in some time... Maggit if healthy is capable of having an AA type of year but the question with maggit is always health... Vareen is a beast in the making! saw some flashes of greatness in this kid and i think he has a break out season...and look for frosh Derek Barnett to push both these guys for playing time. But when it comes to the Tackles its inexperience and zero depth ... and injury to this unit could be devastating to this defense... The overall success of this defense depends on the play of these guys..

Defense= C

VN Store

Back